https://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/R2055.html reviews?

Simmonscoating

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So why did they ever go away from 4 wheel drums?........

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Because of the heat generated on the front breaks can cause the breaks to fade out it was a problem with older vehicles. 70% of all breaking are done by your front breaks unless you are caring a lot of weight in the bed then your back breaks play a bigger roll.

Simmonscoating

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is some data a friend of mine has a 93 f350 dully he did a rear disc set up on his rig, I have a 94 f350 dully mine is original drum. we both work he hell out of our trucks and i drive both, I personally don't see any difference in stopping power. neither truck is running hydro boost but my drums are in good working order. Nothing wrong with the disc set up, but if you have other issues its just going to transfer the problems to your disc set up. In summery drums in good working order vs disc the cost and time to do it don't expect a big improvement in stopping. Hydroboost is prob the best upgraded to get line pressure up and improve overall performance.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because of the heat generated on the front breaks can cause the breaks to fade out it was a problem with older vehicles. 70% of all breaking are done by your front breaks unless you are caring a lot of weight in the bed then your back breaks play a bigger roll.

Brakes.