How to polish a ****, for Dummies

Wanderin

Reaction score
Could someone post a link to the custom caps on FTE? Looked for a bit and couldnt find it :dunno

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here's a little progress update, just installed another filter head to replace the one i cracked. Also all new 3/8 hose fitting's and fuel injection grade hose to replace the cobble job setup i had before, oh and another new return cap becouse i cracked a cap working on it a few weeks ago..
You must be registered for see images attach

And a new pic of the truck, just waiting on warmer wheather to line up the bumper and my bank account to say i can afford new wheels and tires. Getting 285/75/16 general grabber's and unsure on the wheels yet, still looking for something used in 16x8 or 16x9..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPS just dropped off my stans headers i buoght used from a member.. Can't wait till spring/summer when i have the exhaust done, the headers should wake it up a bit and realy improve sound. Will post pics later.

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
Now that is a good looking bricknose my friend ;Sweet you should give black/silver a thought for a paint job. thats what my old 89 was factory and it looked sweeeet! also had a red pinstripe on it. Think i got pics of it on here

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that cleaned up nice. did u have the hole tig'd shut?

No i wanted too but my buddies welder was down so i just gave it the JB weld treatment. Looks good but i'm leaking air somewhere, i'm geussing the return caps AGAIN.. Not playing anymore, haveing a set turned outa brass with 1/4 hose barbs. Just need to get all the stuff from an 89-up that uses the bigger hose. Found a guy who can make them, probly going to cost around 200 bucks for just the caps.. Reoding them again is gonna wait till spring thou, rite now it just cranks a few times..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that is a good looking bricknose my friend ;Sweet you should give black/silver a thought for a paint job. thats what my old 89 was factory and it looked sweeeet! also had a red pinstripe on it. Think i got pics of it on here

Ya to many people condem the bricknose fords without a thought, untill they see one that's all fixed up then they like them.. All my buddies wanted to know if i was putting a 92-up clip on it when i was building it.. Now they say, dam i want a bricknose. My one buddy is acually converting his 87 back to a brick after seeing mine all together:D

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Ya to many people condem the bricknose fords without a thought, untill they see one that's all fixed up then they like them.. All my buddies wanted to know if i was putting a 92-up clip on it when i was building it.. Now they say, dam i want a bricknose. My one buddy is acually converting his 87 back to a brick after seeing mine all together:D

The people who condemn the brick nose. Have no appreciation for an ugly truck.:rotflmao

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score

Go check my old one out when you get the chance. theres one pic of it on here but theres a good one of my custom interior too ;Sweet

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont mind them i just like the slant nose better....the bricknose interior is nicer though.

I like the slantnose interoir and exterior better... the ergonomics of the slantnose dash is better..... the passenger is in a better position to operate the HVAC and Radio in a brick...... I like the way the radio/hvac pod is turned toward the driver.....

I still love the commercial from 87, for the new "aerodynamic" F-Series trucks..... aerodynamic for what?????

Top 3

Slant
Dent
99-04 SuperDuty

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I remember first seeing the 88 Ford 350, I fell in love with a truck for the second time, the first being the 73 F100 4x4 I begged my dad until he let me buy it from him. That 88 became a goal of mine until I got one last year. True, I did get one with a 302 in that I've since made into a diesel, but it's still the truck I've been wanting. I'm almost finished with it, having to work with very little funds, but it will be running down the road shortly.

My favorite 3 styles in order are:
Dent
Brick
Slant.

But I love following this build. This truck is being built purposely and exactly. No compromise, that's cool. It's really working out well.

And to each his/her own. Good thing we all have our favorite styles, or we'd be fighting for parts and REALLY paying premiums for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online