how to insall a cb

YEOLDSMOKEY

Reaction score
my dad pulled mine out a while aao and now he to busseie to help me put i back in culd you guys tell me what to do or give me some pictures to run off

wwwabbit

Mmmmm Diesel
Reaction score
Neg goes to ground somewhere. Pos goes to a switched power source from your ignition (or you could run it to a always on line, but you have to remember to turn it off) Then you run your coax. If your antenna is new or has changed mounting position, etc. Get it tuned to ensure the SWR is correct. Any radio shop should be able to do it for cheap.

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Get the proper lenth Coax.Don't roll up the excess and tuck it out of the way.Becomes a Elecromagnetic Coil when you do this.Best thing is buy the coax and a couple end and make your own.Not hard,Just strip outside coating,Pull the braided shield back(like turning a sock inside out) over the coating behind it,Cut the inner core coating to expose teh Center wire,Now you can screw the connector over the Sheild wire.Once you get it down,trim the center wire that is now sticking out of the center of the Connector and put some solder on there to make sure you have a good connection.Lastly,if you run twin arieals(SP?) you must have them a spacific distance apart and the Coaxial must be Cophased.You can't just just put a splitter from Radio Shack cause the waves from one side will cancel out the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online