and there is about 40 gallons in te tidy tank ;p

Attachments

• B100tote.jpg
    B100tote.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 25

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
My regular capacity is about 168 gal. 150 in the bed tank and around 18 in the factory rear tank

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
RLDSL, whats your setup? I thought in bed tanks were limited to 115 gal??

I'd love more than the 19 i've got...

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
here lately 3-4 gallons seems to be tops, since money got tight when the starter blew up

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually full front and rear, so about 50 gal total. I run off my front normally, and I never let it run lower than half a tank (unless on a road trip) so if for whatever reason I need to just up and leave on a moment's notice I got at least 150 miles on my front and another 450 or more miles on my reserve tank which will put me pretty much halfway across the country before I really have to refuel. I also have two 6-gal cans that I keep full at all times, so that's another 150 miles range should I absolutely need it...

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Depends which one I'm driving but My 93 truck holds around 60 gallons of #2, either way it hurts every time I have to fill up they sure make certain Your savings on mpg go to hell when You have to pay for the fuel.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
RLDSL, whats your setup? I thought in bed tanks were limited to 115 gal??

I'd love more than the 19 i've got...

Put it this way, no one's ever stopped me :D I've got a 150 gal side tank off a Volvo semi truck mounted perminantly in the bed with a set of tank straps ( got one strap with a step on it so it's easier to get up on the roof when I need to get in the roof top carrier)

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be nice being able to have that there, I need my bed too much tho. Altho I'm thinking of rerouting the exhaust to outboard of the frame rail, and then installing another fuel tank in its place, kinda how old Chevy trucks were only with the tanks on the inboard side of the frame rails...

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I been thinking about rigging up mine like the 82 1/2 ton I was checking out in the scrap yard, two normal tanks and a suicide (in cab) tank off an older Ford. But right now I just have the front tank, rear got a rock right through the bottom.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I been thinking about rigging up mine like the 82 1/2 ton I was checking out in the scrap yard, two normal tanks and a suicide (in cab) tank off an older Ford. But right now I just have the front tank, rear got a rock right through the bottom.

I dunno about that suicide tank, diesel will be no problem as far as safety goes but you'll have to cut holes in the B-pillar for the fill neck. How big are those tanks anyways? Also, how did you break your rear tank, must have been one helluva sharp rock to rip through that steel? But I gotta shield mine as well, just gotta get my **** in gear and raid a junkyard for a Bronco skid plate...

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I dunno about that suicide tank, diesel will be no problem as far as safety goes but you'll have to cut holes in the B-pillar for the fill neck. How big are those tanks anyways? Also, how did you break your rear tank, must have been one helluva sharp rock to rip through that steel? But I gotta shield mine as well, just gotta get my **** in gear and raid a junkyard for a Bronco skid plate...

I believe it's roughly 20 gallons. The rock wasn't extremely sharp, just high speed, about 2 weeks after putting the turbo on I kicked it sideways on a dirt road, when I kicked it out (going about 30) the E4 shifted like it's suppose to and pegged the speedometer. I think I might take it out and weld it this weekend.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 1985 cab-chassis PLASTIC original factory issue rear tank came factory-equipped with a full-coverage skid-plate.

I had always just thought that they all had the skid-plates. :dunno

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
44 gallons rear tank plus 18 in front. Nothing in the bed of the truck. Doesn't hauling all that additional fuel compromise fuel economy?