Holy crap am I pissed off!!!!

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me just walk you guys through what happened to me today.

So its about 2:00 pm and my mom comes in my room and tells me I have to go to town and go to the bank, drop some letters off at the postal office, and go to the grocery store. You know the normal everyday errand stuff. So I leave and everything going good, until I get home.

I pull in the driveway and notice that my mom had loaded up some metal siding up in the bed of my truck. Thats all good, they've been using my truck to haul the metal siding off of our house to the local recycling place. So I pull up and get out of the car, and start to unload the car. I'm walking back from the house towards the car to get more bags, and I hear this "Justin" in kind of a low kind of sad motherly tone. I respond "what do you need mom". "Justin, I messed your truck up". "Are you serious". "I'm sorry Justin, I was driving the tractor around the side of your truck to load up the metal in the bed of your truck, and there was this peice of metal sticking out of the side of the trailer, and I thought I had enough room but.... I scratched your truck really bad". I kind of just sit there starring at here in disbelief. She starts getting teary eyed, as I walk over to inspect the damage. I walk around the front of my truck and bam, there it is, a fricking 10 inch scratch, and its not just a serfice sratch, it one of those deep mother f#%@ing scratches that you cringe at when you see -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss . "I'm sorry Justin" is what she said crying to me. "Its not your fault, its not like you did it on purpose (just trying to calm here down, as I get more and more pissed off).

So I head off onto our property to try to walk of my anger, and let me tell ya, it doesnt help worth a damn, it only makes your more angry. I walk back to the house, and my dads home by this time be he was in the house. My mom was still standing there, looking at the scratch, feeling how deep it is and all that stuff. "You know Justin, when you had your truck painted they gave us the extra paint, so we can take that and use some paint brushes and fix it" she's still really sad, and could be on the verge of crying so I was nice to her to "sure mom we can do that (in my mind I was thinking hell no, your paying for this dumb a$$ mistake). So we go inside and my dad comes in and starts laying the blame on me :mad: :mad: . "You know Justin, I told you that you should load up the siding into your truck on your own" :***: yes lets go ahead and lay the blame on me me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: . "You know dad mom said that she would do it if I did the errands". "Oh, will still this could have been avoided if you had done it". By this time I was down right f#%&ing pissed off, and I couldnt say anything, cause I know that I couldnt control what I would say.

I know this isnt even half as bad as some of you guys are going through, with your divorces and what not, but damnit I need to vent.

Pics to come.... when my hands stop shaking from anger.

I wont try to minimize what happened but just ask you to remember that she is your mom & that one day hopefully not soon she will be gone & do you want to remember this ruining your relationship or something good about it. plus your dad is trying to protect the person he chose to spend his life with & that's his wife, you were "I hope" just a happy accident.
yes it's an ugly scratch but it can be fixed a whole lot easier & cheaper than your mom's guilt will be.

payableondeath6

Impressively Ugly
Reaction score
and

E) Never expect a truck not to be treated like a truck, if not by you then by everyone else LOL

I didn't exactly baby my F150, but kept it as nice as I could, about 2 months into having it my wife rides up beside it on her horse to talk to me while I'm standing next to it and out of no where her horse just cow kicks the truck, almost out of spite b/c she knew her mom didn't like it LOL

Blackwaterforge

Reaction score
My wife dropped a bale of hay out of the barn and it landed on the roof of my truck and bounced onto the hood! Life is short. The most important things in life aren't things.

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
O hell, make a good story for the scratch. Everyone up at the IDI meet seen my truck. Its got dents, dings, rust holes, scratches, squeeks, rattles and various other things. And its gonna have them until i get me a new truck, or something else to drive daily. You cannot keep a daily driver perfect for long, its just a fact of life. You got you a nice truck there, and you shouldn't be mad at your mom. I'd been probably like, Um can you bake some cookies sometime, or something like that. (Cookies are good). Ill tell ya this your mom feels like total **** right at the moment. Just let her ride on it, so if you happen to back into her car, or something like that, Hopefully she'll cut you the same slack you cut her. *plays facts of life song*

bradrob82

Martinsburg Fireman
Reaction score
I have to agree with Mel and your dad. It is sad that you came home to find a scratch on your truck, i am sure we have all been there, i know i have!!. Both of my trucks have scratches and dents in them. It gives them character! :D But as you grow older and drive more you will be very very lucky if thats the only scratch your truck ever gets. It is inevitable if you use a vehicle its going to get scratches and dents...

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
My wife dropped a bale of hay out of the barn and it landed on the roof of my truck and bounced onto the hood! Life is short. The most important things in life aren't things.
Last year neighbor's wife drove thru about a 16' gate wiping off the drivers side fiberglass dually fender on his '93.
She's got a '94 SRW 4x4. So she said "well I always drive that close in my truck so I'll always know where the post is"

He got a bit chapped & called her a Ding-a-Ling, a Real Ding-****!!

I'm a bit more gracious...I just smile & say "hi doorbell...":rotflmao :rotflmao

We all just laugh bout it now.:D

(denial isn't a river in Egypt...)

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I know she didnt do it on purpose, and that she is really sorry. But still I didnt go out and waste f$%&ing $3000 on a paint job, to have here go and scratch the living chit out of it and have the F$%&ing audacity to come back and say they will touch it up by using paintbrushes. No, for the life of me, they are paying to have the fricking done professionally. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh I could pull out my hair right know I'm so made. At least they are leaving me alone right know.

Hmm I guess I am blunt- My Dad died when I was 16 (your age)My Mom a few years later,I wish they were here to destroy anything they choose.Did you ever damage anything of thiers.How did they react?
How important is paint compared to your parents?? I could pull out my hair right know . Get the point??? Want to hear more?

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!! She's youre freeking MOM!!!!! Cut her some slack, she gave birth to you and has housed and fed you for the last 16 years. I will garuntee you she earned the right to scratch your truck.

No truer words spoken!!!!!

Last edited:

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
All this over that little scratch?Damn.I would hate to se what would have happened if they had dropped the load of metal on the truck!That little thing won't take much to fix.sand,Prime,repaint teh fender.All of maybe 6 hours total of work.Might I suggest buying a second truck.Get a beater and don't use this one for work if your that touchy over a scratch!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sucks...it reminds me of my brother. He keeps his Trooper and his 3000GT in the most pristine condition. God help anyone that would put a scratch on either of them.... I'm a young guy myself and I know how attached we get to our trucks, so I definitely am not going to lecture you...but I'll bet you'll be glad you held your tongue and just try to fix the thing. I dunno...when I see a truck or SUV that's all painted real pretty, I worry for the owner...and for the unfortunate soul that would hurt it in any way...its just too hard to keep a truck in pristine condition. At least for me..but both mine have been work trucks from day 1 firewood, where not giving yourself a hernia is paramount concern, nevermind the couple of scratches on the paint, towing the boat , you know how it goes. Still hope you can fix it to your satisfaction.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
OK guys, I get the idea. I have been very patient with my mother, and have never said anything to make her feel worse. Our relationship is perfectly fine right now, its all peaches and creme. But I just cant get over the fact that they are going to cheap out on me on the paint. The least they can do is pay for half of it and get it fixed. Thats all I'm asking, I know its gonna look like **** if they use a paintbrush, I just dont think they have gotten that message yet. I suppose I will let them do it, and when they see it looks like crap, then I will talk them into giving me some money to fix it (cause its not like they dont have the money).

And yes I know my truck was going to get scratched, and that it was inevitable, but when somebody else does it to your truck it just ****** you off. Before I got my trucks body work and paint redone, I would have been fine with it, it would have been a no big deal type of thing. But the paint it practically new, and in great shape. I already have some scratches on it, no big deal, but this thing is huge (or in my book its huge).

The only reason they are using my truck to haul the stuff is because they dont want to use there new truck. Why is that, becuse they dont want to scratch it. And there going to be getting a bedliner in it shortly so its not like some scratches in the bed are going to harm anything. Plus my truck has a tool box in it which equates to less room to haul stuff. So they were willing to use my truck to do there dirty work. I tried telling them no, but they are the ever rulling parents and overruled me and said they could use my truck that I have all of this money into whenever they want (yes that ****** me off a little bit, but I live with it).

Its just why do they expect to take the cheap way out on the scratch. I garuntee you that if I were to go out and scratch there brand new truck, they wouldnt do some half ass fix on it, they would take it in and have it repaired so that it looks as good as new.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One other possible consolation... I can't explain it, but a scratch or dent helps protect the truck against more of them. Even the Moose Truck has a dent in it, that I leave there on purpose to appease the Gods of imperfection. Why do you think you hear and read about so many people who get in a car accident with the car less than 2 weeks old?

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
Yes, Mel is right. For some reason scratches help you stay out of accidents. Its like other drivers are like OMG DODGE THE GUY WHO HAS A TRUCK WITH A SCRATCH/DENT/RUST HOLE/COMBO of the 3 IN IT AND TAKE OUT THE NEW BMW!!!!!!! and on the paintbrush method, make sure they take a hairdryer too it aftwards, ill even out the paint, we painted a car like that one night. Didnt come out too awful bad.

I know your 16 and love your truck, but when u get older youll be like, hrmm i shouldnt of cared.

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this give it enough "caracter"?
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Poor thing even has the black diesel blood coming out of the hood. :(

We're rebuilding it though! ;Sweet

that'll buff right out!!

Let this be your first lesson. No one is to drive thy truck. I have never lent someone my truck without it being returned with something broken or scratched or a new weird noise. The last time i let my dad borrow my truck, i get it back and had to replace the engine, wooo! He was like.. "well i floored it up this really long tall bridge and i saw the temp raise up a bit, but that was all." All this while towing a trailer too, not to mention he likes to tow trailers at the absolute maximum speed of the vehicle. I just cringe at how hot my combustion chambers got...

nobody borrows anything of mine...I'll use my truck and trailer to help people out..they pay fuel...but you aint borrowin it!!..period..

Ya, it aint your run of the mills tree branch scratch, its one of the fricking sharp ass metal scratches that gouges the hell outta things.

actually...that WILL buff out...
and

my wife rides up beside it on her horse to talk to me while I'm standing next to it and out of no where her horse just cow kicks the truck, almost out of spite b/c she knew her mom didn't like it LOL

is that the one you had to "degrease"??

it'll be ok man....I once watched my mom roast the tires on my old ranger...I laughed and she felt bad..."you said it was fast...you didnt say it was FAST!!"

try tellin them that since your trucks totaled you need a new one...;p

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give your parents some time to feel guilty about it. They may come around and make it like new for you. If not, when it comes birthday or Christmas time, tell them you want the scratch fixed right. I accused my son of loosing an 11mm socket the other night. I went to Sears to get a new one, and saw the exact set I was shopping for the replacement socket. I read the label. 10, 12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19 mm. What? No 11mm. I'll be damned. I never had it to start with. So I called him, told him I was sorry, and he was off the hook, and he doesn't know it yet, but I bought an identical set so he can have his own, and yes I did get an 11 for mine. LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.