Holy crap am I pissed off!!!!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Let me just walk you guys through what happened to me today.

So its about 2:00 pm and my mom comes in my room and tells me I have to go to town and go to the bank, drop some letters off at the postal office, and go to the grocery store. You know the normal everyday errand stuff. So I leave and everything going good, until I get home.

I pull in the driveway and notice that my mom had loaded up some metal siding up in the bed of my truck. Thats all good, they've been using my truck to haul the metal siding off of our house to the local recycling place. So I pull up and get out of the car, and start to unload the car. I'm walking back from the house towards the car to get more bags, and I hear this "Justin" in kind of a low kind of sad motherly tone. I respond "what do you need mom". "Justin, I messed your truck up". "Are you serious". "I'm sorry Justin, I was driving the tractor around the side of your truck to load up the metal in the bed of your truck, and there was this peice of metal sticking out of the side of the trailer, and I thought I had enough room but.... I scratched your truck really bad". I kind of just sit there starring at here in disbelief. She starts getting teary eyed, as I walk over to inspect the damage. I walk around the front of my truck and bam, there it is, a fricking 10 inch scratch, and its not just a serfice sratch, it one of those deep mother f#%@ing scratches that you cringe at when you see -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss -cuss . "I'm sorry Justin" is what she said crying to me. "Its not your fault, its not like you did it on purpose (just trying to calm here down, as I get more and more pissed off).

So I head off onto our property to try to walk of my anger, and let me tell ya, it doesnt help worth a damn, it only makes your more angry. I walk back to the house, and my dads home by this time be he was in the house. My mom was still standing there, looking at the scratch, feeling how deep it is and all that stuff. "You know Justin, when you had your truck painted they gave us the extra paint, so we can take that and use some paint brushes and fix it" she's still really sad, and could be on the verge of crying so I was nice to her to "sure mom we can do that (in my mind I was thinking hell no, your paying for this dumb a$$ mistake). So we go inside and my dad comes in and starts laying the blame on me :mad: :mad: . "You know Justin, I told you that you should load up the siding into your truck on your own" :***: yes lets go ahead and lay the blame on me me :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: . "You know dad mom said that she would do it if I did the errands". "Oh, will still this could have been avoided if you had done it". By this time I was down right f#%&ing pissed off, and I couldnt say anything, cause I know that I couldnt control what I would say.

I know this isnt even half as bad as some of you guys are going through, with your divorces and what not, but damnit I need to vent.

Pics to come.... when my hands stop shaking from anger.

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I mean, I know she didnt do it on purpose, and that she is really sorry. But still I didnt go out and waste f$%&ing $3000 on a paint job, to have here go and scratch the living chit out of it and have the F$%&ing audacity to come back and say they will touch it up by using paintbrushes. No, for the life of me, they are paying to have the fricking done professionally. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh :mad: :mad: :mad: I could pull out my hair right know I'm so made. At least they are leaving me alone right know.

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know your pain, but dude, it's just a truck. Cruise it by the place that painted it, and maybe they'll help you out. Who knows, you spent $3k on a paint job, maybe they'll do you a favor and fix 'er up for you.

As mad as you are, I can guarantee your Mom feels worse. My Mom is still apologizing for a scratch she put in my Supra 5 years ago...

Ryan

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Wow man, that sucks.
Seriously though, it can be fixed and so long as its not metallic, which I dont think it is, you'll never see it.
Heck if I was near by I'd paint it for you.

My mom ran my brothers 68 Mustang into a big steel ramp in tha garage a few years ago. Pissed him off so much. She wont drive it anymore, he chewed her out so much. Now he regrets it.

I know its hard, but try to cut your mom some slack. It can be fixed.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I know your pain, but dude, it's just a truck. Cruise it by the place that painted it, and maybe they'll help you out. Who knows, you spent $3k on a paint job, maybe they'll do you a favor and fix 'er up for you.

As mad as you are, I can guarantee your Mom feels worse. My Mom is still apologizing for a scratch she put in my Supra 5 years ago...

Ryan

What kind of supra do you have?

rubberfish

Reaction score
I know how you feel buddy.
Happened to mine too. A friends daughter
did it with a scrap piece of aluminum
lawn furniture. And my son hit the other
side with the wand from the car wash.

A tv commercial from a few years back
said that "scratches give it character".

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I know how you feel buddy.
Happened to mine too. A friends daughter
did it with a scrap piece of aluminum
lawn furniture. And my son hit the other
side with the wand from the car wash.

A tv commercial from a few years back
said that "scratches give it character".

Does this give it enough "caracter"?
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Poor thing even has the black diesel blood coming out of the hood. :(

We're rebuilding it though! ;Sweet

oregon-mike

Reaction score
While it is a bummer that your brand new paint job got a scratch, look at the big picture.

It's not totalled.
It's easily repairable (likely not with paintbrushes).
Your mom feels horrible.

+1 from Nebraska IDI with cutting mom a bit of slack.

Take it to where you had it painted and see what they think. They may cut you and your mom a break, 'specially if she turns on the water works while there ;Sweet

Mike

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
my favorate is Mystery scratches, my scout was at a friend's garage a few days after it was painted and a scratch "appeared", boy was i mad,:backoff but there were a few people around it and no one to blame. -cuss my g/f's dad painted it for me as a graduation present (only charged materials ;Sweet ) but weither i paid $5000 to paint it or not the truck is worth millions in my mind. :hail next project is gettin GOOD paint, he tried to save me a few $$ using a "off brand" paint, if i mask something off it pulls the paint off. :mad: he told me he'll touch it up, i told him i'd pay him whatever it costs to fix it right. good luck getting you truck fixed!

oregon-mike

Reaction score
That thing has more character than ought to be allowed!:thumbsup:

How in hell do you make the cab straight & strong again after a rollover like that? cookoo

Mike

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
if it's just the paint and the metal is not dented and like was said it's not a metallic paint job you can use and artists brush and fill the scratch and wet sand it out with very fine (like 1000 grit) paper. then shoot some clear on if you have clearcoat.

i know it sucks but she's your mom and it's just a truck. paint can be fixed. years ago i bought a brand new Dakota and a customer scratched it in her driveway. i was pissed but i got over it. on my IDI i was super fussy about the paint for the first few years (it was in mint condition original paint when i bought it) until the rust took hold. now with my SD it's my work truck, it has scratches all over it.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
That thing has more character than ought to be allowed!:thumbsup:

How in hell do you make the cab straight & strong again after a rollover like that? cookoo

Mike

Haha, you dont. You get a new cab and get creative. lol
Got a whole rust free F150 we're putting the whole body on the frame and making her like new again. Taking the frame to the sandblaster this weekend!

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Ahhh the first scratch in fresh paint. That does suck. But I agree, She's your mom, you did more damage to her (at birth) than she did to your truck. My wife put the first scratch in my first new car. Totally by accident. About 2 months later I backed into her new car. So sh*t happends. You painted it once, you can paint it again.

93_E_350

7.3 IDI NA
Reaction score
I’m German (a few years removed) with a little bit of a temper… If it would have been me words would a flew… and then a few years later we would of talked again… you know, forgive and forget…

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Let this be your first lesson. No one is to drive thy truck. I have never lent someone my truck without it being returned with something broken or scratched or a new weird noise. The last time i let my dad borrow my truck, i get it back and had to replace the engine, wooo! He was like.. "well i floored it up this really long tall bridge and i saw the temp raise up a bit, but that was all." All this while towing a trailer too, not to mention he likes to tow trailers at the absolute maximum speed of the vehicle. I just cringe at how hot my combustion chambers got...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online