Holy crap am I pissed off!!!!

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Justin I don't know You but I have some temper to control Myself and love My truck as much I You love Yours so I feel Your pain. You'll get that painted soon Man. If You ask Me, I think Your Dad is right it could have been avoided if You did the loading it doesn't matter if Your mom ask You do something else You take a chance the moment You agree to let her load something in Your truck and You did.
Now there is one thing You can do about this, LEARN.
For My part, My Mom can burn My truck to bare metal by accident and I wont say a word in anger, SHE IS MY MOM.

Chill.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
So I called him, told him I was sorry, and he was off the hook,
:rotflmao :rotflmao Mel, CROW is good, no matter how it's cooked....:rotflmao :rotflmao
I got a Yummy Ways Of Cookin Crow Cookbook that's about 4" thick.
Usually I win more by givin in & eating some, especially if I act like it's the nastiest tasting chit there is....:rotflmao

But another thing I've learned, especially with the kids, is to always give the other feller an out early on....usually. I can always get nasty, mean, hardnosed later, afterwhile, or tomorrow.
Besides that, CROW do taste like chit!!!:rotflmao :rotflmao

an' I still feel dumber than a box of rocks.....

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Hell, I backed a little too close to the woodsplitter yesterday and wounded the paint on my tailgate a bit....My F-inlaw was more upset then I was.....I looked at him and said "it's a f___ing work truck, it will see worse".....And I kept on splitting.....Paint is nothing to me, no point in getting pissed and it doesn't make the scratches vanish instantly.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
time heals, may take a lifetime, but it do heal....

OB probably the best board I've seen. We sometimes say things we shouldn't, hear things we don't want to, but over all, I've never seen putdowns nor degrading remarks. Tips & helpfulness. If I ever say something I shouldn't I hope someone reaches out & slaps the Holy Chit out'a me!!!
oldmisterbill:My Dad died when I was 16 (your age)My Mom a few years later,I wish they were here to destroy anything they choose.
Yeah, our house burned when I was about 1 1/2 & my next sister barely born. We never really recovered. I remember when we moved the last of the hay out'a that old fallin down house that we moved into...no lites, water, etc, etc. I remember the night 6 mo later the rod went thru the block on my dad's 1ton Ford truck "family" vehicle....no wheels after that till after I started 1st grade.
Remember the nights & days in that same house that time mom walked the floor trying to keep my youngest sister (4 kids by then) alive from pneumonia....ice storm, no wheels, no help.
The night my other sis got sick & next 2-3 days while dad trying to find wheels to get her to Doctor....she spent 6-8mo in Polio ward at Lawyton,Ok....was Very lucky though!
The night when I was 9 & mom woke me up, talked real calm & brave & braved me up to walk 2 1/2mi in about 0deg for help for dad...wheels down again! Then 6mo later we borrowed wheels to go to his funeral after he didn't make it thru brain surgery....I was 10 by then.
Remember when mom lost her teaching job because of health...I was 19. Then we buried her when I was 26.
I remember all the hate I had at my parents thru those years.....but guess what....wish with everything I can that they were here!!!! Took years to realize they did the best they could with what tools they had!!!!

Justin, I never want to minimize your hurtin over this, nor your pride in your truck. Rightfully so, that you are proud of your truck & possessions.

Another way I look at some things....and I don't know you nor your life style, but it's VERY good that you're interested in your truck, work on it, take pride in it, devote your energy's toward it, etc, etc. at your age.
Alternatives could include devoting energy toward "trying to decide which lawyer to use this time to get out'a the pokie", "where can I get my next fix", "who can I do a drive-by on this time tonight", "how can I keep my parents from finding out bout this last little screw-up",...,....,....

Sometimes we tell our own little stories & experiences...add a little humor, add little......well, life has to be a laugh at some point!! Otherwise....

Venting is very good....keeps it from bottling up as you know. OB is a pretty good place to do it....kinda like a Group setting without a leader....can get other perspectives. Some folks pay big bucks to go to groups....:D

As a parent, so far, and I say "so far," there is no worse scary feeling than to get a call on a 7PM Monday nite, some guy 'ya barely know asking if you're "***'s" dad. Instantly the dry mouth says "yes"....then he asks if I have heard about my son.... & then 'ya spend the next 2+ minutes screaming into the phone over & over to "just tell me, just F%@&ing tell me! No matter how bad, just tell me! Belly up & say it!!!" All the while this idiot on the other end, the idiot that you suddenly hate with every bit of hate you've ever had, keeps asking "you sure you haven't heard? Oh my God, I don't want to be the one to tell you! You sure you haven't heard??"

**** nearly runs down your leg! Wife starts changing colors, pukes, passes out, lays there twitching in her own puke!! Ya keep screaming at that other guy, calling him every nasty name & word ya ever heard....
He's the dad of the lucky kid your son has been running round with....
Finally he tells ya "your son is in the pokie since Friday night on drug charges"

Relief!!!! Beyond belief!

He got thru all that...finished education, got married, good job...& now WE GOT EJ....most prescious granddaughter ever made!!!!! I steal EJ from Mandy when they visit & we go for rides in my truck. EJ likes my truck...

Hell, I shouldn't have written all this crapppp! Got myself all worked up now! Probably wet the bed tonight....dream bout red-eyed buggers!!!!
Think I'll go run my dozer for few hours...that thing slamming me round'll take this pent-up crapppp out'a me!! I hope!

Actually, maybe Mel or somebody'll just send my crapp to the trashcan....

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Nah, at 16yrs old I think he needed to hear that. I'm 31, so is my wife. Her parents are both sick from the same liver disorder, her grandma died 4 days before xmas this past year, her grandad needs some heart surgery and we just found out last week that her 42yr old aunt has ****** cancer. My f-inlaws little sister she is, he's all bent out of shape over it as he's already lost 2 aunts from ****** cancer...**** happens in life, after a few more years you'll be able to see what can be changed or fixed and what can't. Spending time pissed off or upset could be better spent fixing/changing what can be changed in life.

My inlaws live with us, we just built a new house last year with an inlaw suite....Her dad is much worse off than here mom, 2-5yrs left they say for him.....It's a burden for me to carry having sick people all around me all the time and the wife worried about everyone all the time but I have broad shoulders and I can carry the load. It gives peace of mind to the f-inlaw knowing that Linda will be cared for if he's gone....They will loose a husband, father and granddfather- I will loose one of my best friends. Our 2yr old little girl is the most important person in the world to us, now I know how my parents felt about me at that age.......Shoulder the blame for your mom wether it's your fault or not, she's done it in the past and will continue to do it in the future for you......

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Dang it! you guys are getting me all misty eyed.
First SOB to cue up Red Sovine gets a whuppin' :backoff :backoff :backoff :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

---------Robert

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats fine that you nee dto vent. However you can vent without the choice of words you used. No you didn't type them out but still. I'm not syaing I'm perfect and I've NEVER used that language before, but coming from a "young man" and several times in one post in NOT something I care to see on here. Sorry- thats just me. That got to me more than anything. Be mad all you want- you are entitled. Believe me- when a stranger that I didn't give permission to drive my truck ended up behind the wheel and put a HUGE dent in it, I was more than a little ticked. Even more ticked that he never paid for the repair and I drove it like that for 2 years? before putting it on MY insurance and getting it fixed that way. Life goes on. I took your moms comment of " maybe we can paint it with leftover paint and a paintbrush" as a way of saying " maybe it will be easy to fix and we can take care of it quickly." She was concerned about your feelings and trying to make it not seem so bad. Yes- I know thats not what you want to hear and yes- if she actually does go after it with a paint brush, I think you have the right to say " mom, I would really appreciate having it fixed by a shop so that its back the way it was."

We all need to vent at some point and time. And by no means am I saying not to vent- but at the same time I think you should at least be concious of other posters here and watch your language ( implied or not) when posting on a public forum that some members kids do read from time to time.

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe some of you guys need to lay off on him just a bit. After all he didn't act like a ****** to his mom..he came here to vent to us and we all need to vent. Better here than to say things to mom and dad that unlike that scratch cannot be undone or forgotten.

That dent can be undone and forgotten my friend. Body shops do it EVERY DAY.:D :D

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Thats fine that you nee dto vent. However you can vent without the choice of words you used. No you didn't type them out but still. I'm not syaing I'm perfect and I've NEVER used that language before, but coming from a "young man" and several times in one post in NOT something I care to see on here. Sorry- thats just me. That got to me more than anything. Be mad all you want- you are entitled. Believe me- when a stranger that I didn't give permission to drive my truck ended up behind the wheel and put a HUGE dent in it, I was more than a little ticked. Even more ticked that he never paid for the repair and I drove it like that for 2 years? before putting it on MY insurance and getting it fixed that way. Life goes on. I took your moms comment of " maybe we can paint it with leftover paint and a paintbrush" as a way of saying " maybe it will be easy to fix and we can take care of it quickly." She was concerned about your feelings and trying to make it not seem so bad. Yes- I know thats not what you want to hear and yes- if she actually does go after it with a paint brush, I think you have the right to say " mom, I would really appreciate having it fixed by a shop so that its back the way it was."

We all need to vent at some point and time. And by no means am I saying not to vent- but at the same time I think you should at least be concious of other posters here and watch your language ( implied or not) when posting on a public forum that some members kids do read from time to time.

I see what your saying, and I applogize for the language I used. I was pretty upset and frustrated at the time, otherwise I wouldnt have been using some of those words. Sorry if I offended anybody on here because of the language I used.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Justin, when we do the Oregon get together your truck will still shine infinitely brighter then all these beat-up rigs that'll show up, mine especially. I ain't even gonna wash it. LOL But you CAN **** after my turbo and Gear Vendor all you want.

When you get that turbo, let's slap it on and you're going to get the **** for more power anyways. It's all down hill from there.:D

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel JD View Post
Maybe some of you guys need to lay off on him just a bit. After all he didn't act like a ****** to his mom..he came here to vent to us and we all need to vent. Better here than to say things to mom and dad that unlike that scratch cannot be undone or forgotten.
That dent can be undone and forgotten my friend. Body shops do it EVERY DAY.
Well BJ that was my point...the scratch can be undone.... hurt between family members can't. Its actually amazing what body shops can do.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Justin, when we do the Oregon get together your truck will still shine infinitely brighter then all these beat-up rigs that'll show up, mine especially. I ain't even gonna wash it. LOL But you CAN **** after my turbo and Gear Vendor all you want.

When you get that turbo, let's slap it on and you're going to get the **** for more power anyways. It's all down hill from there.:D

Man I dont have to see your truck to be jelous of your turbo and gear vendor, I already am LOL .

Alright its a plan, once typ4 gets the turbo all rebuilt come on over and help me put it on. And yes I already know that the turbo wont be enough LOL , next summer there will be more engine/tranny mods ;Sweet .

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Justin,
Its good to hear (see) some moderation returning to your posts.
Venting here may have done you good, as long as it kept you from venting at your folks.
We are all a big family; families have squabbles. Sometimes kids get a smack or two when they need it.
Now lets get a turbo on that truck!

85hauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin, Something to be aware of. Fixing a scratch or chip in the paint with a paintbrush is a very common practice by body shops. Nothing half a** about it. When done properly it will look good as new. Properly means multiple coats in the scratch not on the paint and wet sanding. I have done this and have seen it done on Show type cars with excellent results.

So when your parents suggest using a paint brush maybe it is because they actually do know more than a 16 year old.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online