Holley Red!!!

Gotta-B-Ford

BOOTLEGGER
Reaction score
Putting a red on today and yes in Fla. it is also cold this morning(33w/light rain)call me a wuss!I know it should go as close to the tank or tanks as possible.But that would be in front of the splitter valve for the tanks correct?And is there a co. that makes a block of plate to go where the manual pump is coming out?Or mill a plate out of 3/8 allum. which i was looking to do?

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about doing this aswell.

As for the block of plate, I think autozone has it and its a fuel pump block off plate for a chevy big block.

I know what your saying about the cold, its 32 degrees out where Im at in Deltona.

Where are you at in Lakeland, I run down that was all the time.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe there was another member that was trying to organize a get together here in Florida. There arent that many of us here it seems.

What year and model truck do you have?

vegas39

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it is a chevy big block plate, I bought mine at Checker.
I mounted my Red just in front of the switching valve.
It's a noisy ass pump but like others have said, at least you know when it's running.

jim x 3

1988 F-350 DRW
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me why an IDI owner would want to put an electric fuel pump on one of these trucks?

My mechanical pump seems to work just fine - the engine is never wanting for fuel. And if it failed, it seems that a direct replacement would be a lot easier than fitting a new pump in a new place, wiring it up, and blocking off the side of the engine.

So are the electric pumps cheaper? Or what?

Thanks,

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
jim the ele pump is so nice because, if you ask me its faster to install then the stock lift pump, also it makes bleeding air the fuel system a breeze.

and yeah it is really cold for FL and the rain sucks today

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
electric pumps are easier for priming you engine if you ever do have to work on it.I would rather switch out an electric than my manual pump. I put a plug connection on my pump so all I ahve to do is unplugg it and unhook fuel line and install new one.

Mat J

Way down south
Reaction score
do you guys have inline shut off valves around your fuel pump, iv been looking for some because i have a filter inline right before my pump.

Gotta-B-Ford

BOOTLEGGER
Reaction score
Big block plate worked great with a little grind of the plate on the top,but it could have been the china plate!!Went to a local (race shop) to get a fuel pump block off plate for a big block chev, they have none,and want to know if a small block plate will fit?????????????? I had to leave and call Bobby Watts thank You Bobby Watts Speedshop he not only knows aps but has great knowledge and parts!!!!

Gotta-B-Ford

BOOTLEGGER
Reaction score
What year and model truck do you have? 94 F350 4x4 Crewcab 6" lift Promar long block holley red!! 355/60/20 tires 20x12 allum wheels.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online