Holley Red!!!

janos1

That's gonna hurt
Reaction score
I believe there was another member that was trying to organize a get together here in Florida. There arent that many of us here it seems.

Too late, Found you first. I was kicking around the idea of a get together over around Lakeland area. Just to make it fair.(But that's another thread)

I'm definitely going to put a red pump on my CC. There is a mod I want to do where the fuel filter is moved below the drivers seat and rerun the return lines. I'm just gonna get it all done at one time.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me why an IDI owner would want to put an electric fuel pump on one of these trucks?

My mechanical pump seems to work just fine - the engine is never wanting for fuel. And if it failed, it seems that a direct replacement would be a lot easier than fitting a new pump in a new place, wiring it up, and blocking off the side of the engine.

So are the electric pumps cheaper? Or what?

Thanks,

Read my "thoughts on hard starts and air" in the technical articles. My 2 favorite reasons are:

1) - Rule out the chance of getting fuel in your oil due to a pump failure.
2) - Avoids glow plug and starter death during fuel supply failure.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you ever goof and run out of fuel in the middle of an intersection because you forgot to switch tanks in time, that E pump will get you going in a heartbeat, grab your screwdriver pop the hood, hit the key and bleed the shrader valve off , slam the hood and go, or with the stock mechanical pump you can sit there and grind on the starter like mad and hope the batts hold out and the thing fires before the batts fold. Kind of a no brainer. Yes the system is self priming with the factory pump yada yada, but why put that extra strain on your starter and batts ?

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big fan of having elec pumps on our trucks, never seen the need to spend all that money on a Holley Red??????

$30 Advance Auto parts pump, been runnin it for five years, never missed a lick, IP pump wide open (minus a half flat), four other guys at work have the same setup as mine, never a fuel shortage, never failed. My 2 cents, :dunno

cetanefreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a part number for that? everytime I go into advance (or most any other parts store) and ask for something like that I get that super-awesome blank stare that says "I'm not sure, I didn't learn that in high school/ juvenile detention this morning.

right now I've got a few edelbrock 120gph pumps that are adjustable from 4-16 psi and are quiet, but I like to know my options, and have been looking for one of those pumps for a while.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online