Hmmm.....

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Also, although the carfax showed a clean report, it has been in an accident. The stock bumper had a 2011 date on the back of it in pen, and the bumper mount was slightly bent on one side, only found out when the new bumper didnt line up just perfect.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Well darn

You must be registered for see images attach

Mary started it up the other morning, told me it was blowing white smoke. Shut it off and drove the TDI to work. As you can see, the EGR valve is gooey. Here's to hoping we caught it in time before the gaskets went!

Its one of the flaming hoops one should go through when owning a 6.0! LOL And for what its worth, the coolant level is almost exactly where it was before, so it didnt eat to much coolant. Will install a coolant pressure gauge and watch it after its all said and done.

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
EGR delete and upgraded turbo drain tube, shipped, was $185. This is one of the cheaper kits, but I saw a lot of threads/posts about shops installing dozens of them and never had a problem.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Gotta call it quits for the day. Started at noon, about 4pm now

PITA. Worse than working on a turbo IDI (everything is just crammed into a smaller space for the 6 leaker).

A few things I learned. First, I should have drained the fluids first thing, who would have thought the oil filter up on top of the engine would have 5 gallons of oil in it LOL. Second, should have unplugged all the wiring from across the engine before pulling the turbo, it got in the way, and every inch counted as you have to bend crap out of the way to get it out anyways. Also, when it doubt, give it force LOL

FordGuy100

Reaction score
All back together...but I have an exhaust leak. Gotta pull the filter out, unbolt turbo, unbolt the y-pipe, unbolt up pipes, and get everything tightened up correctly.

But at least it runs and drives! Only makes 2psi of boost though LOL

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I trust him to say it's the exhaust. But my first thought would've been an intercooler boot somewhere. Or something to do with the vgt.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
No, its the y-pipe to turbo. Its not seating properly, and I can put my hand by that joint and feel hot exhaust rushing out. Did blow an intercooler boot, but was making like 1/4 of the boost I should have (4psi at 2500rpms around 30mph WOT). Going to get this thing tackled today!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Done, finished. Had my brother in law help. Layed on the ground beneath it, pushing the y pipe towards the turbo while the guy up top tightened the clamp.

I feel like now I could tackle this project in at least half the time...heck I almost got all the bolt sized memorized! LOL

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Sweet Congrats, That is a Nice Ride!

The Ranchand looks cool, my suggestion would be to paint it a textured paint, or bed liner in the same color of the truck. The Limited Monocrome Paint Scheme is very Classy, and with the matched Ranchand would bring it all together, and still have the tough look of the Ranchand. With it black like that it just kinda sticks out like a sore thumb.

Did you sell the TDI Yet?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online