Hmmm.....

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good Justin ;Sweet

I wouldn't spend any time worrying about head gaskets, I've seen a lot worse looking EGRs with no damage.

Just wondering: you have a programmer, but I haven't seen you post what your oil vs coolant temperature differentials are. IMHO, that number really tells you what the condition of a 6.0 liter is, after that it's judging how plugged your oil cooler is. If you're willing to do the coolant change/chemical flush/"correct coolant install" I think the 6 liters can run forever without studs or even worries of head gaskets.

I've got four buddies who've been to battle with the 6.0 liter, and I would say this: every issue could have been fixed if Navistar would have simply stepped up and admitted they had a coupleof problems early on. Fix all of the factory flaws and keep an eye on your tuner.

And by the way: great looking rig ;Sweet

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Sweet Congrats, That is a Nice Ride!

The Ranchand looks cool, my suggestion would be to paint it a textured paint, or bed liner in the same color of the truck. The Limited Monocrome Paint Scheme is very Classy, and with the matched Ranchand would bring it all together, and still have the tough look of the Ranchand. With it black like that it just kinda sticks out like a sore thumb.

Did you sell the TDI Yet?

Not yet, I'm actually glad I havent yet. Since this went down due to the EGR, Mary got to drive it. My next project is a SMF and clutch in my car, so I will drive the other TDI till thats done. And yes, some sort of bedliner is going to go on the bumper in the future sometime. Still have the stock bumper just in case we ever want to go back

Looking good Justin ;Sweet

I wouldn't spend any time worrying about head gaskets, I've seen a lot worse looking EGRs with no damage.

Just wondering: you have a programmer, but I haven't seen you post what your oil vs coolant temperature differentials are. IMHO, that number really tells you what the condition of a 6.0 liter is, after that it's judging how plugged your oil cooler is. If you're willing to do the coolant change/chemical flush/"correct coolant install" I think the 6 liters can run forever without studs or even worries of head gaskets.

I've got four buddies who've been to battle with the 6.0 liter, and I would say this: every issue could have been fixed if Navistar would have simply stepped up and admitted they had a coupleof problems early on. Fix all of the factory flaws and keep an eye on your tuner.

And by the way: great looking rig ;Sweet

We have a CTS insight (no tunes, just gauges). At 75mph, 100*+ with full AC, we saw deltas around 12*. 60mph brought it down into the 8-9* range. Above what it should be of 0-4*, but not super bad. It finally blew the cooler (or at least I think) in in town driving where deltas are even closer. I was suprised at just how much coolant came out of that EGR cooler!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Officially tuned!

SRL tune from Matt at Gearhead. This thing is amazing.

Just ordered a tailpipe and a section of straight pipe so I can complete the exhaust (PO had the exhaust cut off past a aftermarket muffler he had installed).

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
nah! the sooner the hg's go out, then the sooner you can stud it, then the sooner you can get some REAL tunes in that baby!!!!!!!!

FYI, in case anybody didn't notice, i am a huge 6.0L fan!!!!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
#5 glpw plug out. Ordered a few from rockauto along with front wheel bearings.

A legit 415wheel hp makes this thing insane. I have onoy gone WOT once (to many cops aroubd here), but oh boy.