Hmmm.....

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yup, we still have it. Love it to death but we can't afford it at this point in our lives. Oh well!

Just got two new Cooper ATP's as I picked up a bolt on the way home from getting that car, so I went ahead and got two new tires. Still has some thing I need to get done before selling, but that will happen after we move.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Got a good spare out of the left rear tire at least!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
When I hauled that TDI back I picked up a bolt in the tire. I didnt notice it when I got back, and it must have went flat when it sat overnight. I went to take the Uhaul trailer back the next morning (I walked up on the drivers side, didnt see anything out of the ordinary, and I actually did a double take on the trailer to make sure). Got in, idling along and was thinking to myself how bumpy it seemed. Got out, checked trailer, it was ok...got back in and drove another 20' then went....AHA! I thought it was sitting low! Got out and thats what I found.

They are Cooper Discover ATP's, nothing fancy really. 55,000 mile warranty!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Needs an oil cooler...sigh. Towing the TDI back, 75*, 75mph.

Thank goodness no EGR to rupture!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
That always sucks. LOL

I'm not good at keeping brand new tires. I would've plugged or patched it and ran it. Lol

But I think I'm working out a deal with my boss for some brand new wheels and tires in 17" for my 94 f350.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'm still working on the B4V, so we will probably keep the excursion till the fall time. Since deltas are getting up there, I was wanting to do a coolant flush, and then an oil cooler replacement.

But.....

I got a smoking deal on a Bullet proof diesel remote oil cooler kit. So that will be going on in the next month or so.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Going under the knife now.

Clearance on the back end...

Clearance on the front

Going to go slow for a while, have many things that need addressed. Full time work/school/family means I can only sacrifice 8-10 hours a week without killing grades.

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Here we go, didnt have to much time today. Started at 11am

11:30AM

1:15pm

Break for lunch, back at it half hour later.

3pm

3:30pm

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Friday, I'm taking out the Evap/AC/heater housing to clear way for head removal. Hopefully have the heads off next Thursday.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Love the excursion! We just moved from Texas to Oregon. I had it pull a 24' trailer weighing around 8000 pounds. Loaded Gearheads 8K tow tune (a mild increase in power, more of a trans tune than anything). I took the rear seat out and put it in the back of the truck (along with everything else in the garage). We slept in it at nights, idling for the heat. It ran all the way from Houston to Kingsman, Arizona without shutting down (besides fuel). It was running for over 48 hours!

It also had enough power to pull all 6% grades in overdrive, torque converter locked....while the IDI was WOT. Hate to get rid of this thing, but we need to money wise. It also averaged over 14mpg, even with the 24 hours of idling over 3 nights.

Last edited: