highboy

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

May seem like a silly question, but, disregarding the obvious, just how different are the body-parts between the 1972 and the 1973-79 ??

Are the hood, cowl, windshield, and cab-roof the same ??
:dunno

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May seem like a silly question, but, disregarding the obvious, just how different are the body-parts between the 1972 and the 1973-79 ??

Are the hood, cowl, windshield, and cab-roof the same ??
:dunno

The pre 72 truck share's the same windsheild, everything else is differant.. The hood from a 73-79 can however be put on a pre-72 truck, i've seen that done before. But they are differant trucks in just about every way..

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
Looks like a great project! Def post pics of yer build. One of these days I will restore my 77 Highboy that my dad bought new and special ordered. I will never get rid of that truck.

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
Meself has a pristine 1972 HI-BOY sitting out back next to a not-so-pristine 1990 D-350 Cummins/5-speed.

They twain shall become one at my soonest convenience.

I know absolutely nothing about Ford gas engines, nor could I care less, but I have been told it is a 390, whatever that means; it ain't diesel, so it is irrelevant.

It will be 6BT-powered when I get done with it.

Mine has power-steering PLUS a big hydraulic cylinder mounted steering-stabilizer fashion that is plumbed into the power-steering.

Someone called it "ram-assist". :dunno

Although mine is a standard-cab, I have seen more 4-door HI-BOYs around here than standard-cabs.

can i have the 390? :D i need it for the 79, what trans does it have?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel