HELP! I ignored y'alls advice and bought a GB Reman IP from RockAuto, screwed?

danno

Reaction score
So i read tons of threads and tech on IP replacement and after deliberating endlessly on the different Moose Pumps from Conestoga, i finally just gave up and bought a lower cost option from RockAuto re manufactured by GB Remanufacturing.

Needless to say i'm writing this post because it doesn't seem to be functioning properly and I'm about to give up and rip it back out. Which i do not want o do for obvious reasons.

I followed the instructions on the tech article meticulously and i replaced the injectors with NEW injectors, reused the old lines, and used a new return line kit. There are no leaks in the system when turning it over. I have a pushbutton glowplug switch so i was able to go through the priming process with the ignition ON and by jumpering the starter relay. I placed shop towels between the injectors and lines so i could see the fuel coming out. After about 20 cycles at 20 seconds per cycle, on a freshly charged battery hooked up to a booster here's what i have:

After a couple of starter cycles i begin so see fuel from the cylinder 4 fuel line, then after a few more cycles there is fuel from cylinder 5 fuel line, then after a few more cycles fuel from the number 6 fuel line. I kept going after that and from what i can tell those are the only 3 getting fuel. I realize that this is the firing order for the motor, but as my batteries were starting to wear out i began losing faith. In my head i figured all 8 would start to get fuel at the same time.

AM i screwed here or do i just need to keep going?

THANKS!!

~Danno

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you re-connecting lines as they show fuel?
If not, do that and continue with the purge process.

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are seeing fuel at 3-4 lines just tighten them up and crank some more. It takes longer than you think to get it primed. Just keep the cranking down to about 15-20 secs with a few mins rest in between so you don’t burn out the starter.

Also keep in mind you need good cranking RPM and hot GP’s to get it to light off. No weak batteries.

danno

Reaction score
thanks guys .. back at it this afternoon i'll let you know what happens.........

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Tighten the lines where you see fuel. Eventually it will fire on those cylinders and the others will prime while it runs. It should fire off with 3-4 lines tightened.

Garbage_Mechan

Garbage Mechanic
Reaction score
I have had plenty of engines that would not fire until loses were loosened. Ford IDI and others. Other advice given is solid tighten up those that show fuel and keep going.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It worked! She didn't want to start that's for sure but the old girl eventually gave in to my advances. Thanks guys.

Glad to hear that! Yet they can be ornery at times. Had a similar issue with one that had been sitting for a while.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online