Heavy Duty Rear Bumper?

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I'm having a heck of a time finding a heavy duty rear bumper for my truck. Seems no one makes them anymore. Having one fabricated is fairly expensive. Any ideas?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I guess that depends on what you mean by heavy duty? Im pretty sure the bumper I have on my brown truck is still produced. Its an aftermarket bumper with a built in tow bar.

rubberfish

Reaction score
You can get one made for a decent price.
There's not many angles to contend with.
This one was cheap to build, and it hurts. :D
Build a box for the plate, and a couple of shackles. ;Really

Attachments

• P1011068.jpg
    P1011068.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 66

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I need something heavy I can get a spindle welded into for a swingout tire mount, shepherd jack and jerry can mount (all to swing out).

I could get all this fabricated for something like 2k. In any case - my existing bumper is bent so it needs to go.

I have no access to a machine shop/welder so I'll most likely end up paying for it.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Wow this is **exactly** what I was looking for, rather it in black...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

fsr7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know where in north Colorado you are, but I'm in boulder and I run a fab shop - Usually for a fullsize box tube-based bumper with no add-ons is $300 labor, between $400-$450 out the door - For something like what you're talking about, It would be somewhere between $700-$900 - and no one would have another one like it. NVcustoms.com has all my contact info, or pm me if you're interested.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
this one went out the door at a $1000 but he was in a hurry if he would have let me have a little time it would have only been $750. I was trying to get it done and gone so fast i never got any pics of it completed but it was painted black with reverse lights in the oval cut outs and the liscense plate light and trailer plug all put in

Attachments

• smash7.JPG
    smash7.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 36
  • smash6.JPG
    smash6.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 25

Hillbilly

Reaction score
too bad you're so far away. I've built several bumpers for just material, just to get the free "advertising"

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
No I didn't use the factory mounts this guy had already broke a reeses style hitch so I use 1/4" plate I think 6.5" wide that would slide in the frame and then welded 3" wide plate to it on a 90 to create angle to stiffen it up

Attachments

• smash5.JPG
    smash5.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 33