heated aux tank

sorsita

Reaction score
been using my heated tank now for a few months.. its 65 gallons and is heated from the trucks coolant. runs great my question is after running 400 miles on the tank when i switch over and use stock tank after going through a full 35 gallons in stock tank im still blowing smoke out the back, smells like raw fuel not burning all the way... i run tranny fluid in stock tank to clean injectors ..and ideas

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Change the fuel filter, dope up the fuel with Howes Lubricator (get the big bottles and put the whole shot in for a couple of tanks) and turn the programmer down while you do it. Get her out on the open road and run her for a few hours. The Howes should clear it up, if not you have to look further into it.

What kind of fuel were you running in the heated tank?

Last edited:

sorsita

Reaction score
I run wmo straight oil.. at time i will add diesel to it to thin it out and help heat faster..im looking into larger injectors, i tend to get oil build up on the injectors and this causes the truck to smoke a grayish color.. when i mash the pedal it clears the tips off.. so i was wondering it larger injectors will aid in less build up in the indirect injection... friend had direct injection not turbo and it never smokes even at idle....hmmmmm