Headers = now how do I get the dam Dipstick in.

dagreendeville

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i didnt get home before dark but i have one crappy picture and i did slide the header down over the dipstick between cyl6 and 8 let me know what all you need pix of i get off early tomorrow
You must be registered for see images attach

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK I'm an ass, I got the original dipstick on. Wasn't easy but it fit perfectly just like it grew there. It was torture don't get me wrong but as I was measuring for a custom stick I discovered a pathway that worked like a charm.

Got the bastad started today to.

Only thing left is that pesky fuel leak at the filter heater connector

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:thumbsup::hail:D Wow.. Sometimes we figure out the easy way to do something when we work too hard "finding problems" for things not to fit or work right... Glad thats over. Now whats leaking at the fuel filter.. That sounds like an easy fix. Maybe an olive has gone bad...:angel:

Boston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got the last O ring in the state thats actually made for that thing and that wasn't it. Seems to be coming from the spade connector in the fitting itself and then the snap cover thing, impossible to find is also somewhat damaged.

This truck has had a history of extraordinarily hard starts, as in leave it plugged in at all times and your going to need a charger set on start just to make it even think of firing. Now at least it seems to fire right up but I wont trust it till I get one of those O° days.....

I'm also hearing a slight ticking on the passenger side pretty sure its an exhaust leak

also got a call in to a lifer diesel mechanic to come help me tune the IP.

The fuel filter leak I'd like to fix if possible but its $70 for the element, might be it, might not, and the power fitting is bunged up and no way to find another. No junk yard in town has that truck. Or at least not with the diesel engine still in it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
That replacement heater found on ebay wil fix the leak. You also could just remove the heater and rtv the hole. Then make sure you run a fuel additive to keep the fuel from waxing or freezing up. If that hapens just remove the rtv and install another heater. The international heater o-ring is easy and plentiful to find. The cost around $2.00... Buy a spare when you get one just in case you end up later on needing another o-ring...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle