Head Gasket, Turbo Install

OlKoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Head Gasket, Turbo Install and Brochure from the 80's

;Really I thought I could share an interesting Turbo installation. This turbo install on the Left exhaust Manifold, and uses a y-pipe, It was put on a truck in Arizona in the 80's. I am now intalling it in my 1970 F-250 High boy. I wonder if I put two on, one on the other side... :)

Attachments

• My Head Gasket Job 7.3 IDI 006.jpg
    My Head Gasket Job 7.3 IDI 006.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 23
  • My Head Gasket Job 7.3 IDI 001.jpg
    My Head Gasket Job 7.3 IDI 001.jpg
    606 KB · Views: 18
  • Valves and seals done- 7.3 IDI 003.jpg
    Valves and seals done- 7.3 IDI 003.jpg
    557.8 KB · Views: 19
  • left exhaust manifold and exhaust heading out left wheel well.jpg
    left exhaust manifold and exhaust heading out left wheel well.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 33
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
so its got a turbo that is only powered by the exhaust from one bank of cylinders?

PZ

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope... The passenger side comes into the drivers side outlet. Then it pushes its way thru to the turbo... Not the most efficeant process but makes for a great start on a twin turbo motor???;Sweet:sly Only problem is making or finding a drivers side exhaust manifold that will handle a small turbo too... I have seen three differant one side turbos that are only on the drivers side exhaust manifold..

OlKoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, thats right. I think if a person wants to, they can make upside down headers that go into a collector to mount twin turbo's. Just by using Plumbers pipe, (90's). The exhaust would come out the front and down through the inner fenders...possibley depending on clearance

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
i really dont think twins would be all that bad to fab up but the clearance is where you would hit all of your problems. however a body lift or bigger engine bay could fix that. hmm now i know why i dont get on here very much any more yall always get me to thinkin and spendin money lol.

OlKoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cheap Turbo for 7.3

This Turbo fits right behind the A/C pump, and the exhaust exits out the inner fender to the outside of the frame. With My 70 ford, I'm thinking of bringing the exiting exhaust right down through the engine compartment and out undernieth. My truck is a highboy so there is lots of room....on the passenger side it should work too if wanted to do the fabrication, even though there is a starter, and the alternator, fuel filter, on that side.

Attachments

• Turbo added 004.jpg
    Turbo added 004.jpg
    554.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Turbo added 006.jpg
    Turbo added 006.jpg
    569.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited: