Hauling a little gravel.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and if you look at the rear tires, its not that heavy, my E tires squish more than that at 85 psi with the camper on, rear axle is at 6400 which I think exactly matches the door decal.

Now the load of nested wheels from truck to wheelbarrow size , that I took to the scrapper years ago, That was a load. 13,200 on the scale, they made me back off the scale twice to check it, now that was too much, truck empty is 7200.

chevytaHOE5674

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I split a few long pieces of wood thin and then incorporate them into the stack sideways over the rails allowing me to actually stack the wood wider than the outside of the box. If I had a shot from the front or rear you can see the wood is stacked almost 1 foot out over each side of the box. Never hauled wood with sideboards but I doubt I would get much more in there due to the weight.

Need a flatbed, dually rear, and 5 foot high sides.... hmmmm

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and if you look at the rear tires, its not that heavy, my E tires squish more than that at 85 psi with the camper on, rear axle is at 6400 which I think exactly matches the door decal.

Now the load of nested wheels from truck to wheelbarrow size , that I took to the scrapper years ago, That was a load. 13,200 on the scale, they made me back off the scale twice to check it, now that was too much, truck empty is 7200.

Those tires are at 70 psi, I double checked them before I left the house.

oworm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After all....Whats the point of having a beast of an engine and not give it some work to do? These things are built to work!

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is another angle....

You must be registered for see images attach

And with no load. If you look at the gap between the tire and fender there really isn't much difference, The ass end squatted pretty bad.

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't checked pricing on airbags but there is a set of overloads on a one ton at the junkyard that I can probably pick up for 20-30 dollars. I doubt I can get airbags for that kind of money.

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah yes, the first pics you posted definetly made the front end look much higher! Doesn't look nearly as bad in this pic.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
no, but air bags are infinitely adjustable. with over load springs you need to be squatting down a couple inches before you even start "using" the overload. with bags you have the added "support" right away.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I split a few long pieces of wood thin and then incorporate them into the stack sideways over the rails allowing me to actually stack the wood wider than the outside of the box. If I had a shot from the front or rear you can see the wood is stacked almost 1 foot out over each side of the box. Never hauled wood with sideboards but I doubt I would get much more in there due to the weight.

Need a flatbed, dually rear, and 5 foot high sides.... hmmmm

some eye candy for ya.:)

she's about 8x8 (averaged) inner bed space.3' high.
about 192 cubic feet.that's 1.5 cord.
however,
note the duallies,she sports one extra main leaf (f450) with a custom 4 leaf aux pack(2 custom/dual f450)up top and hydroboost brakes.

Clayton,
if you've not far to go,then just take 2 trips next time brother.
stop and think,what are you really saving by loading up extra heavy for a short trip? not much time nor fuel saved anyway.
when you want to load her up for all she's worth and for making it count, is when traveling an hour or more one way.that's when hauling heavy is worthwhile.saves loads of time,and fuel money.scooting around close to home and making two safe and easy trips is the way to go.
she's not setup for that kind of weight.

Attachments

• c.jpg
    c.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 3
  • bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 100_0052_1.jpg
    100_0052_1.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1
  • underbody boxes2.jpg
    underbody boxes2.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Ah thats not bad at all. If you want to talk about stupid...

Guilty as charged. Friend called me asking for help picking up some soil for her garden. said she needed 8 bags of soil which squatted the back of her scion iq. thinking its only 8 bags, i drove the crown victoria to home depot to meet her (since my knees are getting iffy). Well after double checking her math, we needed 50 bags. I managed to get 42 bags in the trunk and 8 in the back seat. 2000 lbs in a Crown victoria. The guy at home depot was freaking out about even letting me put that much weight in the car!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Looks like a hard working IDI.:sly With some helpers AND air bags pumped up to about 80psi nobody ever would have guessed the amount of cargo you were toting. I can not compliment the air bags enough, the tow/haul ability is great and the ride when empty is very acceptable and can not be equaled overall with just springs. Nice job working out your truck.;Sweet

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a hard working IDI.:sly With some helpers AND air bags pumped up to about 80psi nobody ever would have guessed the amount of cargo you were toting. I can not compliment the air bags enough, the tow/haul ability is great and the ride when empty is very acceptable and can not be equaled overall with just springs. Nice job working out your truck.;Sweet

Thanks, I just may have to look into some airbags then.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah thats not bad at all. If you want to talk about stupid...

Guilty as charged. Friend called me asking for help picking up some soil for her garden. said she needed 8 bags of soil which squatted the back of her scion iq. thinking its only 8 bags, i drove the crown victoria to home depot to meet her (since my knees are getting iffy). Well after double checking her math, we needed 50 bags. I managed to get 42 bags in the trunk and 8 in the back seat. 2000 lbs in a Crown victoria. The guy at home depot was freaking out about even letting me put that much weight in the car!

hopefully you got lucky that evening.........

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a 78 F250. Went to a brick supplier and loaded a full skid of bricks, the guy put the skid partially on the tailgate so he could push it further on, it did a wheelie when he set it down, quick picked it up again, set the skid on the ground and put the skid farther out on the forks, put skid back on and pushed it as far as he could, thought better get it farther on with a wet bed, tapped the brakes skid came crashing forward and bent the front of the bed. Never ever thought it would be that heavy, 1000 bricks at 4 lbs each. Thirteen miles to go home, slowly, tires were kinda flat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online