Hauling a little gravel.

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Truck did great, No complaints from this guy.

crewd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why??? Sure looks like your springs and frame are complaining. What about brakes and tires. A little unsafe and not impressive to me.

X-NRCan_IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definetly looks like steering was interesting at times... I'd never load it down that heavy personally... Not only is it a lot of weight on the suspension, it is a LOT of weight to slow down and it'd of course require a fair bit of "planning ahead"... more planning ahead than is reasonably possible around here methinks.
All the same... that is an impressive load!

Clayton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to rerun my main water line through my driveway, And naturally had little to no gravel left after covering it back up and I really couldn't justify the 400 or so dollars it would have cost to have a dump truck haul it so I did what I had to do. I know it's not the greatest thing to go out and do and I didn't have to go very far and I took it easy. As far as the truck goes I am very impressed with it, It stopped and turned fine.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought 250 in F-250 stood for 2.50 ton??:rotflmao
I load mine like that as well. it stops and steers fine. FYI 3 tons is too much, but it does fit in the bed.

89greendiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eh, almost everyone on this board would have done the same thing. especially if you only had to drive a few miles. Throw on the flashers and take her easy.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Geez; wish I would of had a dump bed. :eek: ;Really Shoveling is work, but a Fifth of Old Jack helps. I don't think a bumper jack will lift the front that hi. :rotflmao

oworm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why??? Sure looks like your springs and frame are complaining. What about brakes and tires. A little unsafe and not impressive to me.

As long as its not on the bump stops its fine and as long as your thinking ahead and using engine braking to assist in slow down there shouldn't be a problem. Its the difference between driving a semi fully loaded or just driving the tractor unit on its own. Your driving style changes to suit the load. These trucks are work horses. I constantly drive around with a permanent 1000lbs fixed in the bed. Truck sits on the road better for it.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adventures of the Brave, Dumb and Stupid.:D
Noone got hurt, truck didn't get hurt and DOT didn't get involved.
I'd say luck was on your side today.
"Try" not to repeat the stunt. It could have went badly in many ways.

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you load it yourself? You would never get a loader operator at one of the quarrys around here to put that much on a pickup. The most they ever put on a pickup around here is 2000 lbs. They may put more on a dually. Get in a wreck or break your pickup and guess who the first would be to get the blame; The guy who loaded you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US