Hate to do this, but...

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
My 87 F250 is almost ready for sale. :cry: If someone is interested, that will get me motivated to remove the stereo and replace it with something less expensive. I've owned this truck for almost eight years and it has been my daily driver for most of that period. I have done lots of maintainence to it, but I need to dig up reciepts to remember all I've done. Here are the highlights.;Sweet

87 F250 2wd super cab XLT Lariet, AC, bucket seats w/ console, PW, PL
173,500 miles, c6 , new IP in 12/04, custom exhaust, custom vented front bumper, new tie rod and alignment, new starter installed yesterday!, headlight relays, fog lamp relays, reverse light relays, gauges (oil pressure, coolant temp, amps, pyro, trans temp), auxillary trans filter, deep sump TCI trans pan, 3 trans coolers, transfer flow fuel filler necks, oil cooler o-rings in1999 or 2000, I'm sure there is more just can't remember now.

Now the bad, -cuss the bed is creased on the r/s, rust is starting to bubble through around the wheel wells and lower 1/4 panels, tailgate has a little rust on it. tires have about 1/3 to 1/2 tread left, will need brakes soon.

This truck is not a show truck, but a very reliable work truck. I've changed oil every 3000 miles, changed coolant 1 a year and have added Motorcraft coolant additive every time. Trans fluid has been changed on a regular basis.

Price $3750 obo , if someone wants the stereo, it will be more

John

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a photo of this truck in action on I-81.

Attachments

• johntruck.jpg
    johntruck.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 57

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
Also,from when I saw it at the rally,He overdiscribed it unless it has taken a real turn for the worst.it is in better condition than the discription.And those 19.5s make it look MEAN!

spencnaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, ditto on those wheels! i'd love to have a set of those on the PowerSmoke.:draw :hail

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'll let John speak for himself, but I can practically guarantee that they don't come with the truck.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
It looks real good in pictures, I'm just trying to give a fair description. Don't want to mis-lead or disappoint anyone. The wheels in the picture do not come with the truck. They are 19.5's and they ARE mean!
I am working on getting a set for my crew cab.

Mel, thanks for posting the picture!!!;Sweet ;Sweet ;Sweet

SKimballC

Reaction score
If you need it gone, well, most people here have an IDI, despite the fact that most would prefer to have at least 2;Really . Try autotrader.com if you NEED to make a sale. I have found 2 nice IDI's on there in the past year. The market is wider than you think.

SKimballC

Reaction score
As an afterthought, I get asked damn near every time I am at the pump what kind of mileage I get. When I say 17 in town its followed by either a disbelieving stare or "do want to get rid of it?" The answer of course, is no. You'll find a buyer if you get it out there.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John, there is a used dealer at the intersections of Rt. 10 and Rt. 30 ( I forget the name, but will look for you ) that seems to have an all truck lot, filled mostly with Fords. I've seen several IDI's there for sale. If he is the Darrin Tosh of the east, you might see if he would be interested.

Ah... I think this is the guy.