Has this (harmonic balancer) already been sleeved?

johnnolanstrtgld

Reaction score
I'm working on a 1986 F350 6.9. I've got a front seal leak. I noticed that the seal in the kit I have is slightly smaller than the seal that came out of it. I'm curious is this is one of those sleeve kits, and if the seal with this is a different size. I'm not sure if I should re-sleeve (I see grooves), or if I should just run (tighter) stock seal with sleeve that's in it, or get a new sleeve kit. Please advise. Thanks.
You must be registered for see images attach

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cut the sleeve off and replace with a new one. It will use the stock seal. Also that installing ring should have been removed after the sleeve was installed.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm working on a 1986 F350 6.9. I've got a front seal leak. I noticed that the seal in the kit I have is slightly smaller than the seal that came out of it. I'm curious is this is one of those sleeve kits, and if the seal with this is a different size. I'm not sure if I should re-sleeve (I see grooves), or if I should just run (tighter) stock seal with sleeve that's in it, or get a new sleeve kit. Please advise. Thanks.
You must be registered for see images attach
someone did a ****-poor job installing the sleeve.
the lip part is supposed to bottom out at the bottom of the snout. take the current sleeve off and clean the hell out of the snout. beat on the new sleeve's cat food can like you life depended on killing it dead.
good luck :D

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
someone did a ****-poor job installing the sleeve.
the lip part is supposed to bottom out at the bottom of the snout. take the current sleeve off and clean the hell out of the snout. beat on the new sleeve's cat food can like you life depended on killing it dead.
good luck :D
:D:Thumbs Up:joker: hahahahaha!!!

hce

So can i....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree about the **** poor installation, but the sleeve is in the proper position, just needs a bit more work to remove the installation lip. The lip is meant to be cut with side cutters, then pulled off with vice grips and it should peal of while parting at the thin groove the near the lip. I would try it on the old sleeve before it is removed.

johnnolanstrtgld

Reaction score
Thanks Towcat. I picked up the part you displayed 99250. Worked like a charm. Thanks again for your help on this. the old one looks like it was the wrong one that the PO tried to install anyway to get it to work. Feel much better about the new one and the installation.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks Towcat. I picked up the part you displayed 99250. Worked like a charm. Thanks again for your help on this. the old one looks like it was the wrong one that the PO tried to install anyway to get it to work. Feel much better about the new one and the installation.
betcha the price of the damn part left you breathless :O

ABNORDY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JB Weld!! LMAO

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance