has anybody got the instructions for the rotunda 78-0100 timing meter?

JourneymanD

Reaction score
I will be changing the IP and injectors on my bobtail next weekend. a friend of mine loaned me his rotunda from the stealership he works for, but there are no instructions for it. can anybody email me anything?

Thanks,

Dylan

KEEP MOVING FORWARD!!! its all i can do...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
How complete the meter is will depend on the instructions given. I have the same problem but. Here is what I found. The meter has the simple positive and negative cables that you connect to the battery. The white wire is the piezo plus and it connects to the # one injector and a near by ground. The next is the magnetic pickup with what looks like an old Briggs & Stratton pull start handle. That connects to the box that has "use with 7.3 motor" on it. Also on that box is where the plus white wire connects. Now connect the box to the meter and install the magnetic pickup in the tall tube at the dampner. Make sure its very close to the dampner or it wont work. I was advised to keep it 1/16th inch from the dampner. Try to get it closer but not touching it. Now set the offset on the meter to -20 degrees. Start the motor and have the rpm at 2000. Check the reading where the offset was and it will tell you what the advance or retarded degrees is. Be sure to trun off the motor when you advance or retard the timing. Otherwise the injection pump will turn by itself and break something. These pumps have plenty of force going on in them trying to turn them if things are not tight. PS... Those 3 nuts are hard to reach and must be tight when your done but not so tight that they break off. The small 5/16 bolts that hold the gear to the pump torque is 25 lbs. Be sure to use the correct socket. Some like the 8 mm socket. Id your truck an auo or standard trans?

JourneymanD

Reaction score
that's it just be carefull not to drop anything!!!

Originally Posted by suv7734
Timing instructions per manual and pulled from Autozone website:
http://www.autozone.com/az/cds/en_us...rInfoPages.htm

Thanks, I saw this on AZ website, but it doesn't have the timing spec, or the offset that is specified... I think it is -20degs offset prior to startup, but i don't know what I am shooting for w/ the final timing spec. It is a 7.3L w C6 trans.

Dylan

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Tractorman... I'm not a smart man....:dunno I've just made most of the mistakes already so you and others don't have too....;p

tractorman86

Reaction score
LOL that's a good way to look at it! oh yea i'm still trying to get the luminocity probe out of Rotunda and it's a FLIPPIN JOKE!!!-cuss -cuss

92 dizzel

Reaction score
I have the rotunda 78-0100. It does not have the little "for 7.3 diesel" box, just the lumy and magnetic pickup.

The directions I have say to time it at 1400 rpm. I got a reading of 2.5. The directions also say that it should be a negative reading, not a positive reading. I'm getting a lot of conflicting info.

What should the damn thing be timed at, and should it have a negative or positive reading?

John Scott

Reaction score
I just did mine last week and I set the rotunda meter at -20 and at 2000 rpms it was a positive 2.5.... then I hooked up a new timing lite set up with a pulse meter and she was timed perfectly at 8.5 btdc....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online