GRRRR! Pick up mods that should be illegal

Booyah45828

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My personal favorite is the a-holes who incorrectly install retrofit led headlights onto their vehicles.

If y'all didn't know, not only does the "bright" filament in a bulb produce more light, it's also placed in a different area in the reflector housing, so that it's light is cast in a broader and higher pattern. Your "dim" filament is in a separate location so that the light produced is reflected more level to the height of the headlight, so as not to blind oncoming traffic. Move the location of where the light is created, and the reflector is no longer casting light in the correct spots.

I've installed plenty of led retrofit bulbs. They're a great upgrade and are brighter then the halogen and incandescent counterparts. But each bulb I've installed needs slightly adjusted to some extent to get it right. If you're too lazy or incompetent to do this, then either have someone else do it, or leave your lights alone.

It's great when better headlights allow you to see better. What isn't great, is if those better lights blind oncoming traffic. It's actually against the law and you can be held liable for it https://www.brookslawgroup.com/blog...ult-for-an-accident-you-were-not-involved-in/

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of all the states I've driven through, Kansas has to be the worst in terms of the literal nothingness. Both times I drove from SD SE to NW TX, I never spent more than about a week in all of KS. Because there's so much nothing. Not even much good free camping or I would spend more time gong through. The one place I have stayed both times I went through, you have to be careful if it's gonna rain a lot due the dirt/mud road in. They can't spring for some gravel roads in an obviously popular fishing lake/campground? I end up saying no longer than a few days in that camp.

The only other state I spend less time in during that route is OK but that's on a technicality, due to the panhandle being between KS and TX.

You must be registered for see images attach
got a problem with Nevada? Lol

Cubey

Van dweller
Reaction score
got a problem with Nevada? Lol

Not yet? :p Just never gone there route wise because it's a lot of nothing too. It even has a highway running through it known as the loneliest highway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online

No members online now.