greenlighted what injectors/pump?

Wanderer-rrorc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the wife has greenlighted the van getting new injectors and pump...

its 144K had a pump put in it at 75K per receipt with the van...I put a return line kit on it last year (bout 3k ago..she doesnt get driven much with the new jeep..but is gonna have a FULL few years of tow-duty for a 6k trailer load...)

the turbo is sweet...and I can get it up to 10psi...throws some smoke but still a little doggy pullin...

I think she needs injectors..and since my fuel screw is no longer turnable its probaly a safe bet on the pump...

she mostly runs around town (and performance is not an issue there)...but the towing interstate has caused problems before...like drivin a 300 I-6...gets there...but not fast...and wont accelerate uphill (this is all BEFORE turbo folks..she hasnt had many towing miles since the turbo...but they have been less than impressive!)

so...

moose miser and baby pump?

or bb and stock rebuild? (really now..who's gonna put the stock pump in when the wife says you can spend the money?)

I just want it to pull like my old 460 gasser on the hills...(at least closer than it is)...im not lookin for tire shredding power...but enough to not DREAD driving up I77 to canton with a trailer...

oh...and we're gonna do some cosmetic stuff to her as well...stainless steel door panels anyone?

what yee say??

oh...and incase ya forgot...heres pix and a vid...
new shoes..
You must be registered for see images attach

goofin off at night

ehaust testing..(crankcase vent plumbed into it...3in out of turbo to first 4in elbow..then 4in straight all the way out..napa over-axle pipe)

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I get 19mpg with stock bb injectors and a turned up pump if I can keep my foot out of it. loaded with the camper and Jeep on behind I get about 10, pulls really well but it is intercooled.
I recommend a set of matched BB' codes, from me of course, :Da baby moose from Mel and I think you have the best of the economic world.;Sweet

Oh and your van is the same color as my truck.

Attachments

• dune trip 10-26,7,8-07 024a.JPG
    dune trip 10-26,7,8-07 024a.JPG
    117.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

zpd307

Reaction score
russ, did you bolt in some brackets to the front of you box, to anchor your camper?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my vote is the Moose pump from Mel, and the stock Delphis from Russ.
Awsome, no-holds barred, "all in" pump and a pressure balanced set of injectors to boot.;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

sootman73

Reaction score
my vote is the Moose pump from Mel, and the stock Delphis from Russ.
Awsome, no-holds barred, "all in" pump and a pressure balanced set of injectors to boot.;Sweet;Sweet;Sweet

unless you feel daring and order a set of moose misters....:sly

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moose the whole fuel system! Warning.............intercooler would a great idea.:D

Heath

ameristar1

The One Blue Thing
Reaction score
Baby Moose, BB codes, and a good tune. Unless you intercool that thing, the Moose and the Misters might be too much.

But then again, I would suggest cam swap, too with Russ' torque cam. That would pull it together nice. Too bad it's in a van, I think you'd have to pull the motor to do it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Geez... I really need to install one of my Hypermax intercooler. I've had it so long. I bought another complete intercooler just because nobody bid on it but me. Wouldn't it be great if we had enough room to install two Hypermax intercoolers. That would be some cold and dense air......;Sweet

JohnDeStef

addicted
Reaction score
Geez... I really need to install one of my Hypermax intercooler. I've had it so long. I bought another complete intercooler just because nobody bid on it but me. Wouldn't it be great if we had enough room to install two Hypermax intercoolers. That would be some cold and dense air......;Sweet

Okay, I need to take one of the complete intercooler kits off your hands.

PLEASE get the one you want installed and PLEASE unload all the leftover parts to me! Cash is waiting, and I can only devote so much time to ebay and CL searches. My diesel is in dire need of upgrades.

I'm starting with an IP and BBs.

Thanks fella!