GP Cheap Repair

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
For those of you with a GP harness that is in need of repair...this is for you.

You must be registered for see images attach

The connectors on my 1992 spare harness (Thanks to BigRigTech for the harness!!) were shot...broken, rusted and corroded to pieces...litterally.

I simply cut off the damaged connectors and replaced them with Female Bullet connectors(14 - 16 Gauge, .157" diameter).

These fit nicely, but I closed them up a little tiny bit to make sure they wouldn't vibrate off the glow plug. I still have to get some heat shrink tubing...I ran out and didn't pick any up yet today.

This whole repair cost me under $4, plus one beer and about 1/2 an hour to clean the contacts at the relay and get the rusted nuts off without breaking anything.

I hope this is useful to someone someday...I know it saved me a bit of coin and screwing around later on down the road.

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Really goodidea. Glad someone is still "looking" for a better way of doing things. Its really too bad Ford didn't "think ahead" when designing things... Maybe the engineers did but some bean counter told them to take some money out of it and we will build it... That way our service shops can stay in business with "upgrades back to what you originally designed".....:rotflmao BTW... Next pictures please setup the background papers correctly so we can read whats happening on your town... I find this so interesting reading whats in the pics background... Hope that doesn't creep out anybody....:D

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I haven't had a working GP system in the truc for almost a year now. The controller was shot and I didn't have the extra $208 to replace it thanks to two employers who ripped me off of some serious cash this year. One tow truck company and one dump truck company.

The controller in my truck is stuck on, and my fix was to run directly off a solenoid mounte to the firewall controlled by a push button, but this seems like a WAY better fix.

I thought this would make a poor man's tech article lol.

Last edited: