Got it home and wow look what we have!

WD40

Reaction score
I am sure you called the man and returned the money to the rightfull owner.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I am sure you called the man and returned the money to the rightfull owner.

No i went straight to his house to give it to him, but he wasn't home, so I'll go see him in the morning. He may just tell me that I just paid for the truck!;Sweet Seeing as he let me have it for $500 and I could take a year to pay for it!:thumbsup:

so lets see...
Well seeing as my truck is apart waiting on fleabay, I went ahead a talked that guy into selling me his truck!!
WOOOO HOOOOO ;Sweet
Ok It is an 88 F250 He bought it in Tennessee on 3/17/88. He told me it has 500k miles on it I've info here from 4 states. He used it for his work building Post Offices. I'm not sure if you can see it in the pictures but it has all the books and even a Delivery Checklist! I only got to drive it about 2 miles, it was leaving a white cloud behind it? :eek:
Ok it is a Blueish/white cloud! and it was low on oil almost 5 quarts!

Ok, I cleaned out the truck today and it had a lot of papers in the center consul thing. You know bills, receipts, check stubs, deposit tickets, those envelopes you get from the bank when you cash your check.

Ok I found one that felt like it had something in it
and i tore it open and found $450 dollars! :eek:;Sweet:thumbsup::eek:

This is one sweet deal!!!

Attachments

• pics 008.jpg
    pics 008.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 8
  • pics 011.jpg
    pics 011.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well...it sounds like the rings may be worn a bit...depends on when he added oil to it last. But after watching your videos, it sounds fantastic. No sounds like a dropped valve or bad lifters or anything like that. The other thing I noticed was when you had the in cab shot, your wait lamp only stayed on about 4 seconds which is not right for the solid state system. No problems now, but when you get a little cooler weather up there......

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Well...it sounds like the rings may be worn a bit...depends on when he added oil to it last. But after watching your videos, it sounds fantastic. No sounds like a dropped valve or bad lifters or anything like that. The other thing I noticed was when you had the in cab shot, your wait lamp only stayed on about 4 seconds which is not right for the solid state system. No problems now, but when you get a little cooler weather up there......
The in cab shot is my 87 as well as the other vids. the only one from the 88 is the blow by one.:cool

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't see much blowby in that sequence, I saw some from the dipstick which usually means it has quite a lot, but you'd have to pop the filler cap off to see for sure.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
I guess you won't know that until you figure out what is wrong. Might not be a bad idea to keep the $450 and take the truck back...I am sure you would be money ahead!!! ;Sweet

But then i would have to come to be part of your job, cause it would not be right.;Really

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even if it needs a rebuild, it's still a great deal for $500. Even a POS would be $2000 around here in most cases.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
But then i would have to come to be part of your job, cause it would not be right.;Really

I'll make sure Bubba give you some "special" attention! :rotflmao :rotflmao

Just kiddin ya anyway...looks like a pretty good deal from where I am sitting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726