Got factory turbo!!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I may have a factory oil line down in the shop somewhere. If I can find the thing, you're welcome to it.
I've got mine rigged up with a chunk of -06 Aeroquip hose.

----Robert

Jake S.

clueless...
Reaction score
The banks pics are the same as my ATS. Factory turbo blocks get it from the sender port, but they are 1/4 pipe for more flow.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer RLDSL. I don't want to sound ungrateful but I don't like to reuse things like the oil line. Scares me. Plus I don't have the factory oil manifold thing that bolts to the turbo oil inlet so I'm probably just looking at a custom line from the hydraulic shop.

I climbed under my truck today and noticed oil on the filter. It's coming from either the oil pan or oil cooler so it looks like I'll be taking something apart down there. While I am at it I might as well tap the oil filter head for the oil line.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1/8 pipe by -4 jic 90 degree elbow on the block down by the slave , same for the turbo but 1/4 pipe. 32-33 inch long teflon stainless braided line. Make damn sure you CLEAN out that oil galley before you put the new fitting in, it holds goo and WILL wipe out your turbo. Preoil the turbo. The orings are pretty standard at a hydraulic shop, get brown ones for the heat resistance if you can. Not mandatory but helps.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1/8 pipe by -4 jic 90 degree elbow on the block down by the slave , same for the turbo but 1/4 pipe. 32-33 inch long teflon stainless braided line. Make damn sure you CLEAN out that oil galley before you put the new fitting in, it holds goo and WILL wipe out your turbo. Preoil the turbo. The orings are pretty standard at a hydraulic shop, get brown ones for the heat resistance if you can. Not mandatory but helps.

Thanks for the fitting and hose info type4. I think I have a 1/4 x either 45 or JIC in my fittings collection already. I'll have to check it. The main reason I am thinking about the filter head for the oil is the fact that the oil galley is certainly gooed up on my engine. If I do decide to clean it what's the correct method? Small bottle brush and then crank (not start)the motor with the plug out?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Thanks for the fitting and hose info type4. I think I have a 1/4 x either 45 or JIC in my fittings collection already. I'll have to check it. The main reason I am thinking about the filter head for the oil is the fact that the oil galley is certainly gooed up on my engine. If I do decide to clean it what's the correct method? Small bottle brush and then crank (not start)the motor with the plug out?

Thats basically what I did. I used a bore cleaner of some sort that was in our tool box, bent the handle so that I could get some leverage on it, then shoved it in there. The first time it seriously took me 10 minutes to get it out, there was so much crap in therer. I had to twist it out. I then cleaned it off in a can full of clean diesel, then did it a couple more times.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What Justin said, and liberal amounts of brakleen or carb cleaner.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
This is my oil feed line-I just had to make sure it was well supported in rubber gromets to prevent vibration-cost lesss than $10.00.I used 3/8 line for better oil flow-poured oil in top of turbo before I put the line on for prelube.

Attachments

• Another veiw of home made oil line.JPG
    Another veiw of home made oil line.JPG
    307.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Turbo Mounted.JPG
    Turbo Mounted.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Rear of engine showing homemade turbo oil line.JPG
    Rear of engine showing homemade turbo oil line.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 13

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures Bill. I always like to get a look at something before attempting to tackle it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrannonB

Members online