Glowplug issues

BeastMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, silver is what they used in the old days and will last forever. But we can't have things last forever can we? And silver is pretty expensive.

I paid right at $80 each for the White Rodgers contactors...

But then I am a long term guy.

The cost of a quickie is way too high when I use a long service time.

I hate having to make time to do it again because I did not do it right the first time.

Silver is expensive, but needed only at the contacts. How much did the corporate business executive pay for the handshaker leadership type to cheapen the design... I am sure it would have bought a lot of silver.

Time will tell, I guess, but I was so unsettled about aluminum contacts that I went back into research mode and found and ordered a pair of White-Rodgers.

Yeh, I used to work for a military contractor, and even got laid off for being a perfectionist. Uh, huh. I thought the best place to catch flaws was at the design desk, and the worst place to find it was to have it fail in the hands of your customer.

To me, having a relay fail as a matter of routine should be unheard of.

Every diesel I've had that needed GP system work ended up with a $10 ford starter solenoid and a momentary switch. Pack a spare solenoid in your glovebox.

Customers should not have to redesign stuff just to make it work right.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
Customers should not have to redesign stuff just to make it work right.

Agreed. There's simple pushbutton pre-heat on farm tractors and wood chippers. Why they had to put complicated timer circuits and crap on diesel trucks is beyond me.

dkleind0110

Reaction score
Idk if this has been mentioned yet, but I had the weirdest intermittent glow plug issues, stumped me for a good while. Turned out to be my fusible link wires would be hot but short under load. I definitely recommend replacing your fusible link. I chose to run some thicker gauge wire with a mega fuse.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online