Glow Plug Buzzer

mrbison

Reaction score
That's no glow plug buzzer, just the seat belt/ignition key/door open buzzer, witch is a white or silver box under the dash, right hand side of steering column.

Notice it buzzes for the exact same time as the little red guy is lit up in the dash?

Ever since I replaced my glow controller and a couple bad plugs on my 6.9, the WTS light stays on abit longer then the seat belt guy and buzzer.

Yep. That's true actually. I noticed it tonight. Well, even though the buzzer is meant to be for the seat belt warning, I still say its a total PITA and deseves to be silenced. :backoff The last thing I need in today's world is one more freaking thing buzzing, beeping, or ringing at me. LOL

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
...I still say its a total PITA and deseves to be silenced. :backoff The last thing I need in today's world is one more freaking thing buzzing, beeping, or ringing at me. LOL

Damn straight, my 93 had the buzzer, it met it's doom when we ran out of clay pigeons, my IDI had the dingier for the door, it's in my bedroom. But now I'm thinking about plugging it back in and seeing if the little light on the dash lights up.

wmoguy

Reaction score
Man I think I'd stick a fork in my eye if I had such a buzzer. I can barely stand the dinger that annoys me when I open the door with key in ignition.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Not to throw this thread way off but how could I run a buzzer to say my glow plugs?

Id really like to have a buzzer for when the headlights are left on. How can this be accomplished?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine dont, Ive even hooked up that little box under the dash and nothing.
The box may be bad...maybe try a junkyard? Or, it could be the door jamb switch...do your interior lights come on when the door's open?

As to a buzzer with the glow plugs...you could daisy-chain a generic buzzer in with the WTS light?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.