GEAR VENDORS

Ford F834

Reaction score
I bought my truck with a T19 and GV unit under it. I have to say I am personally not all that fond of the GV. It is clumsy to use compared to another shift position on the transmission and the "split" gears is more like "split hairs" with the close ratio transmission. That said, I am going the double overdrive route (ZF-5 plus the GV) because of my 4.10's. If I didn't already own the GV I would do the ZF-5 and re-gear the axles instead. I just thought I'd throw in here since I have lived with a T19 and GV for nine years now and have not really cared for the rattling little red lever and the rougher than normal OD shifts... and remembering to reset the lever when you are in busy stop and go traffic etc., I have even contemplated selling mine to pay for re-gearing the axles but that is a lot of additional labor. I will stick with what I have, but I wouldn't buy a one new.

Csm Davis

Reaction score
There are lots out there holding up fine to real power and real towing. What is your experience with them? There is very little info out there on failures, so I like to get all the info I can.
Had a 2 wheel drive long wheel base cowboy Cadillac F350 only used to pull race horses and second vehicle duty very well taken care of had T19 and needed overdrive for those long hauls. Got the GV installed at the factory in socal took a week for them to get the drive shafts right to their satisfaction. About 4-5000 miles later it busted and came apart at a red light. Called them and they told me where to take it over 100 miles away, stupid high tow truck bill, one month later after getting a lawyer involved I got the truck back. The dealer said mine wasn't the only one that had caused him problems and he was sorry the company took so long, I will never buy another one.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I've not signed on for a day or so.

TYPE4, yes I'm interested in selling however I haven't a clue on what it's worth. You're the "cam" guy right? Maybe we can work out some type of trade / partial trade?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online