Gauges!

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just installed an oil pressure gauge in my truck due to the factory failure. I really like it and love the idea of being able to see exactly what is happening in my engine. I was looking at getting some more gauges and possibly putting them in a pillar pod. What gauges would you recommend? I know a pyrometers is one of them. I was also thinking water temp and boost. Looking at those gauges online, the last two are dirt cheep, but the pyrometers are expensive! Holy cow. I did a little searching and came across this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/K28PDX-WEST...iation_Parts_Gear&hash=item5653d208f2&vxp=mtr what do you think, will it work? How about the cheap pyros for cars? Does it need to be a $200 autometer? Also, what do you have as your current setup and do you have pics?

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
Yup, E4OD. What's the temp range on those? Is there already a port in the tranny for me to add the sensor? Is there a special sensor that I need?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
there is a pressure test port right in the case of the trans in front of the MLPS that you use for trans temp. give me a few min and i will upload a pics of my set up.

Check out egauges.com......they have good prices on gauges.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Here is my set-up.

tranny temp sensor
You must be registered for see images attach

hole drilled for pyro

pyro installed

my tap for tapping the pyro:DLOL

i have more pics of the gauges installed but my internet decided to stop uploading all of a sudden.-cuss

another installed pic

just a couple more.

my Daystar firewall boot. cost about $15 dollars, but is worth it i think. makes running wires and such threw the firewall really easy.

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Hello my name is Jim and I have a problem. I have 9 aftermarket gauges:eek::D

All are stewart warner gauges. I have oil pressure, oil temp, 2 fuel pressure, water temp, pyro, 2 fuel tank gauges and a boost gauge.

All are mechanical (except for the fuel level)

I feel S-W are high quality gauges as they are oem suppliers for numerious companies including big trucks, construction equipment, boats, tractors, etc.

They are expensive though. I would probably be better off financially swapping a dash from a boeing 747

The FNG

NOT a Powerstroke!
Reaction score
How's this? http://www.amazon.com/GlowShift-92-...ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1ZMV3ZRVEXXSP

oops...posted this and then went back to look at those awesome pics and realizes it was the same thing. Good news. Looks great!

Hey, when you drill for the pyrometer, do you need to worry much about shavings? I would think so because of the turbo...I guess they wouldnt be an issue from the bottom side like you did though

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online