Gauge issue-glowshift

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put in some glowshift gauges in the truck. All the gauges seem great except I'm having issues with my electrical temp gauge. The probe in in the overtemp warning light hole. When towing this past weekend it was ******* out a 300* temp gauge. I know there is no way that this was the case. Got home after cruising a little and the truck is measuring about 190/200 which is normal operating temp. But the gauge is reading 20-30* more...

Anyone know what the issue could be?

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
i run 7 glowshift gauges in my pickup. I have had a couple issues here and there with a couple of them. I get right on the phone with support and they have an RA number in my email. What i have noticed with these gauges is the grounds are very picky . make sure that sender is grounded very well. I cant say i have had any issues with my water temp gauge but my fuel pressure and oil pressure both have shot senders but they warrentied them no problem. With glowshift they make decent stuff for the price you pay for them.

This may be a dumb ? but you do have coolant in there right? a sender will start to read hot hot hot if its got no coolant to read.

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
typ4 recommended with the senders to remote mount them on a flexible line like a grease gun line so the motor doesn't shake them apart.

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i run 7 glowshift gauges in my pickup. I have had a couple issues here and there with a couple of them. I get right on the phone with support and they have an RA number in my email. What i have noticed with these gauges is the grounds are very picky . make sure that sender is grounded very well. I cant say i have had any issues with my water temp gauge but my fuel pressure and oil pressure both have shot senders but they warrentied them no problem. With glowshift they make decent stuff for the price you pay for them.

This may be a dumb ? but you do have coolant in there right? a sender will start to read hot hot hot if its got no coolant to read.

It read when the truck got warm and the light would come on.

greasemonky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to send my new glowshift egt gauge back for it was only working intermittently. Swapped it out with my dads egt(same gauge) and his worked fine in my truck and my gauge would not work at all in his truck. I got on the phone and they said send it back and they would test it, and if faulty they would send me a new one. So I'm just waiting now.