gas to diesel cluster change

3day240sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a truck with a rusted out cab. I need to changed the cab and have other cabs to use but they are gasoline truck cabs. Will a diesel gauge cluster plug into the harness of a gas truck? Thanks

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
They're the same except for the tach. The tach has to be for a diesel. Oh, the fuel gauge will say UNLEADED, which may cause some grief if you let someone else drive it and they use gas instead of diesel...

CESMITH

1986F250 6.9
Reaction score
I pulled the complete harnes and dash out of diesel cab and put it in a gas cab . they were boath 86s the onyl problem I had was the gas cab had AC and the Diesel had HO heater, the holes were difrent in the fire wall. but even if you dont it would only take 4 wires to run the diesel;Sweet

3day240sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which 4 wires. I am thinking I am going to change from a 93 3/4 ton diesel to 89 1/2 ton gas. Got both whole trucks.

3day240sx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to start over because I think I have confused everyone. I have a 93 f250 diesel that needs a cab. I have a 89 f150 that has no drivetrain. I want to change the cabs. I will get another cluster to go in the 89. I want to know if I can just plug the dash harness into the new cluster and everything will work. I plan to re wire everything at the chassis fire wall plug next to the PCM plug. Thanks for the help and sorry for the headache.