Funky sounding above 2600

gumper

Reaction score
When my truck is under hard acceleration it starts to sound like a glass packed V8 at high rpm. It doesn't pop or miss, just kind of an inconsistent growl. Anyone else’s truck like this? It may be the dual stacks amplifying it too.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, it does it for a few seconds and goes away, 12v's are good for that noise...i like it.

gumper

Reaction score
I thought it may be my lift pump goin south. Kinda had me concerned, but as long as there are other 12Vs that do the same thing I'm not so worried. ;Sweet

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are we talking about the same thing....the loud BRAAP sound from the exhaust right?

gumper

Reaction score
Yeah, like the trucks havin a ****** or somethin LOL . I just gave it a valve lashing 3000 miles ago.

gumper

Reaction score
You shoulda heard the rich kid in the eclipse making funny sounds while I was 5 car lengths in front of him (and blowin soot all over the car daddy paid for). It may have a turbo, but it weighs 7200 lbs! Get over it kid.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup, that noise is normal..i actually like it, its more obvious with straight piped 12 valvers than the 24's, as is the turbo spooldown noise when you clutch at high rpm...that nice WHOOSH/WHISTLE from the exhaust