Fun-fest coming to a close?

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
WE had 500 gal tanks on some of our machines at the shop years ago.There was a guy that came in a couple times a year and filter it with a centrifuge.We never bought Hydraulic oil except to replace what was lost through leakage & spills.

And yes Justin anyone would be proud to have you for a son.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
WE had 500 gal tanks on some of our machines at the shop years ago.There was a guy that came in a couple times a year and filter it with a centrifuge.We never bought Hydraulic oil except to replace what was lost through leakage & spills.

And yes Justin anyone would be proud to have you for a son.

Well, we shall see what kind of deal me and Russ work out.

And yes, generally they are proud of me I suppose. I wont lie though, I've done some pretty stupid things were I'm sure they werent so proud :D

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
And yes, generally they are proud of me I suppose. I wont lie though, I've done some pretty stupid things were I'm sure they werent so proud :D

Don't be too ******* yourself. My mother probably should have drown me sometime before my 18th birthday :backoff .
My dear mother will be turning 81 this year and as far as I'm concerned, she still reserves the right :hail :hail :hail :rotflmao

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
I think we all did some stupid things @ one point coming up. Lord I know I did. I guess that is part of growing up .

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Like calling your mom at midnight to bail you out because you got caught doing donuts in dad's new car:angel:

LOL Sounds like a call I wouldnt ever wanna make ;Sweet.

And Tonka, you are totally right, I need to control my right foot a little better, take a look at my fuel economy thread...

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL Sounds like a call I wouldnt ever wanna make ;Sweet.

And Tonka, you are totally right, I need to control my right foot a little better, take a look at my fuel economy thread...

I see that thread. If you slow down to 55-60 hwy, don't race stop light to stop light and shift between 1800 - 2000, (or better yet progressive shift as needed), I bet you could gain 2-3 mpg.

20 mpg might be a tough one for a truck with no overdrive but I'd say 17 - 18 is realistic given you're already over 15.

Price per barrel of crude went up $11 friday, that's $0.20 per gallon of crude. I went ahead and slammed my tanks full friday while it was still $4.69 a gallon and hadn't gone up yet around here..... Cashier and everybody in the store about S--t when I stopped at $550.00 worth of fuel in a pickup truck:puke:

Good news is my pay rates were adjusted up about another 7 cents per mile so I'm all packed and ready to leave the house early tomorrow morning. Just dispatched myself on a lightweight 29' travel trailer going to Grande Prairie, Alberta that pays very nicely:D

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I see that thread. If you slow down to 55-60 hwy, don't race stop light to stop light and shift between 1800 - 2000, (or better yet progressive shift as needed), I bet you could gain 2-3 mpg.

20 mpg might be a tough one for a truck with no overdrive but I'd say 17 - 18 is realistic given you're already over 15.

Price per barrel of crude went up $11 friday, that's $0.20 per gallon of crude. I went ahead and slammed my tanks full friday while it was still $4.69 a gallon and hadn't gone up yet around here..... Cashier and everybody in the store about S--t when I stopped at $550.00 worth of fuel in a pickup truck:puke:

Good news is my pay rates were adjusted up about another 7 cents per mile so I'm all packed and ready to leave the house early tomorrow morning. Just dispatched myself on a lightweight 29' travel trailer going to Grande Prairie, Alberta that pays very nicely:D

I hear ya, and that is what I will experiment with later.

To be honest, this tank I slowed down some. I was driving 55-60mph max from school to home. I think its the in town driving that gets me, I'm always for some dumb reason in a competition against the guy next to me. Granted it isnt racing, cause they arent, but I wanna be ahead :D.

Out of those 240 or there abouts miles, around 50 of them where on I-5 going up to Portland (I do it every Sunday). I slowed down there as well. I was driving 70-75mph up there, today I was 65mph average probably, a little below sometimes, a little above sometimes.

I think that injector is just ******* fuel away. I know before I had the ticking sound (which I'm pretty sure is a bad injector(s)). I know last spring N/A, I pulled out 19.7mpg, and I thought that was awsome. I was driving so fricking slow though, the next tank, I just couldnt resist the call of my right foot LOL.

I may, just may have to turn my fuel down some...and see what that does for fuel economy.