Fun-fest coming to a close?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justin if you want wmo we have a 500 gallon tank in the ground at work.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Justin if you want wmo we have a 500 gallon tank in the ground at work.

:hail :hail :hail

Russ, once again, you are DA MAN ;Sweet. A couple months ago when I was considering WMO, I thought about asking you. But I forgot, thanks for brining it up.

A couple questions. First, is it just motor oil, or are other oils in it, like tranny, hydrolic, ect... Second, is there any other sort of liquids in it by chance, like coolant and those sorts of things?

Also, if I come and pick up WMO, do I need to bring a pump to get it out of the tank? That probably wouldnt be a problem ;Sweet.

Russ is the MAN :hail

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
Well guys/gals, this whole IDI fun-fest as I would like to call it, might be coming to a close for me.

So my insurance is right at $1400 for 6 months coverage, with basically no coverage (they only cover the other guy if I get in a crash).

Dude what the hell did you do to your driving record to get a rate like that??? Holy $hit! I just paid mine full coverage on 4 vehicles and it was only $390 for 6 mo.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Dude what the hell did you do to your driving record to get a rate like that??? Holy $hit! I just paid mine full coverage on 4 vehicles and it was only $390 for 6 mo.

Sorry man, I had a major brain fart. I got quoted $1400 for full coverage for a year. It costs right at $500 for 6 months, with basically no coverage.

tractorman86

Reaction score
i'm talking to a few of the shops around here and seems like everyone is selling it to a company already.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I iwll let you know when I get back from vacation. 2 weeks,duning in Idaho. there is all kinds of oil in it and the coolant goes to the bottom so we dont suck that low. Mostly motor oil and trans, some waste diesel. Hey maybe ill keep it for me.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I iwll let you know when I get back from vacation. 2 weeks,duning in Idaho. there is all kinds of oil in it and the coolant goes to the bottom so we dont suck that low. Mostly motor oil and trans, some waste diesel. Hey maybe ill keep it for me.

Well, if its been settled out, I suppose its good to go.

Hey now....you cant go keeping it for yourself. Maybe you'll want a surcharge or something for me to dip into the tank :D

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I would love to find hydraulic oil-it burns great-I remember a hydraulic oil fire in the plant.It was hot and cleaner then WMO would be.I am not sure but I think it would be much better then WMO. Comments welcome.

Full Monte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been reading your thread, and you have a pretty good head on your shoulders for 16 years old. I'm 61 and was thinking I didn't know as much about diesels and vehicles at 16 as you do. Of course, I lived in a major city and my folks wouldn't let me get a driver's license because it would have quadrupled the family car insurance rates. I had to wait 'til I was 18 and going away to college. I also had to buy my own car and pay for the insurance myself.

I also notice that you haven't groused about your folks forcing you to be independent about your expenses. Good for you! They must have done something right to get you to 16 in one piece and able to carry on an intelligent conversation with the guys on this forum. Every generation has its problems, and you are part of a generation that will have some big ones. Hang in there!
You'll make it.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I've been reading your thread, and you have a pretty good head on your shoulders for 16 years old. I'm 61 and was thinking I didn't know as much about diesels and vehicles at 16 as you do. Of course, I lived in a major city and my folks wouldn't let me get a driver's license because it would have quadrupled the family car insurance rates. I had to wait 'til I was 18 and going away to college. I also had to buy my own car and pay for the insurance myself.

I also notice that you haven't groused about your folks forcing you to be independent about your expenses. Good for you! They must have done something right to get you to 16 in one piece and able to carry on an intelligent conversation with the guys on this forum. Every generation has its problems, and you are part of a generation that will have some big ones. Hang in there!
You'll make it.

Thank you sir, I do appreciate the compliment. I really do strive not to be like a lot of kids I see these days, a lot of them are just plain stupid.

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would love to find hydraulic oil-it burns great-I remember a hydraulic oil fire in the plant.It was hot and cleaner then WMO would be.I am not sure but I think it would be much better then WMO. Comments welcome.

OMB, you are correct, hydraulic oil burns well, especially in an IDI. I share your opinion that it is a better oil to mix with diesel as it's never been exposed to any of the burnt fuel biproducts associated with being in the bottom of an internal combustion engine, which is why many feel AFT is a better fluid to mix with #2 than WMO. The problem is that it's not that readily available. Anybody who really knows what they are doing around hydraulics generally spend the monies to run good filtration or even use a filter cart to get as much life out of their oil as possible. Again, similar to used ATF, the change intervals are much longer than WMO, so generally it doesn't turn over as much.

Just my .02 worth.

FordGuy100

Reaction score
OMB, you are correct, hydraulic oil burns well, especially in an IDI. I share your opinion that it is a better oil to mix with diesel as it's never been exposed to any of the burnt fuel biproducts associated with being in the bottom of an internal combustion engine, which is why many feel AFT is a better fluid to mix with #2 than WMO. The problem is that it's not that readily available. Anybody who really knows what they are doing around hydraulics generally spend the monies to run good filtration or even use a filter cart to get as much life out of their oil as possible. Again, similar to used ATF, the change intervals are much longer than WMO, so generally it doesn't turn over as much.

Just my .02 worth.

Yup, if I could find hydraulic oil, I would burn it. Heck, I'll burn basically anything when it gets to the point of where I have to buy my fuel :D.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online