Fuel Sending Units

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anything is possible. i myself wouldnt attempt it.
but you have our permission to be a guanine pig :D

StAugMIA

Reaction score
I could use that front tank sending unit. Mine crapped out years ago, but I let it ride. Now my front tank is leaking, so I gotta put a new one in. Would be nice to drop a new sender in it. Will shoot you a pm with my number.
Thanks

Jim

Wvdirtroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd imagine if the lines and float are still good it's just the rheostat. I did an ohm test with mine and it came back shot. Perhaps using the rheostat off the new rear tank sending units that IDIoit posted on another thread would work. Just need to do a little work switched the float arms out and such. I looked high and low just for replacement rheostats and they can't be had it seems. Trivial considering such an insignificant part can't be bought. Pennies holding up dollars.

Ford7.3PSD

Reaction score
I just bought a fuel sending unit for my rear tank, one made for 1995-1997 7.3 diesel trucks for $351, ouch! What a rip off! But this the best price I can find for Ford OEM fuel sending unit, I think it comes with the filter screen.

Last edited:

Ford7.3PSD

Reaction score

chaotic robot

Reaction score
FWIW, I just fixed the front sender on mine by buying the sender unit for a same era Ranger on Ebay. If you pull the plastic cover that is under the float arm, you will find a small ceramic printed circuit board. This is likely what has failed in the sending unit. I just swapped out the board and it works great. From what I found, Ford used the same setup/resistance range on most cars from this era.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin