Fuel leak around top of filter

MAvTistic

Reaction score
91 cummins, I am leaking fuel around the plastic plate at the top of the filter between the casting and the filter....... I not sure what this is, has a wire pluged into it.

I dont know how this all goes together I was hoping someone would have a diagram or knowledge on how this goes together? I took off the filter and dont know how it comes off, I went to the stealership to find help and they gave no help, just a generic diagram, they sold me a small o-ring that it showed but no help on replacing it. it is plastic with a wire connection on it.

with its location I cannot tell for sure if it is leaking here or if there is a fuel return line hidden on the back side that could be causing this????

any help would be great.

MArk

Whit

Reaction score
thats power feed to the fuel heater, take of off and replace the o-ring, use some lube on the new one .................also check the o-ring on yer lid, every filter comes with a new o-ring

MAvTistic

Reaction score
ok how does it come off? I do have a new oring for it just not sure how it comes off? is it just held on with the fuel filter and will simply slid off the threaded fuel filter stud or is there a clip that hold it on.?

Whit

Reaction score
I had to replace my oring years ago but cant remember , just take the filter lid off and look at it, there is either a retention clip on the inside or mounting screws from the outside

MAvTistic

Reaction score
thanks for the help, removed filter and on the end of the nipple is slotted, use a piece of flat stock and turned the nipple off, removed old hard o-ring and replaced with new, and no more leak.

thanks

MArk