Fuel Filter Mount Leaking

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
It appears that fuel is weeping around the plastic insert on the top of the fuel filter mount that is an insulator for an electrical connector (very small) that after plugging in comes out at a 90 degree angle.

I looks like the plastic insert may be threaded into the filter head. Can the leaking part be replaced, or am I looking at a new filter head to stop the leak.

Thanks in advance for your collective wisdom and experience. ;p

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that is the heating unit. It's probably replacable but I'm not sure.

bryand

Reaction score
sound like the fuel heater o-ring. the oring can be replaced if take the head off and disassemble the head. relativly easy fix.

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
If you neeed pieces parts, you'll probably have to go to your nearest IH dealer. My experience has been that Ford can only get the complete head assembly...and it comes from Navistar anyway. When you go to the IH dealer, they probably won't help you if they know it's for a Ford truck. Tell them it's for the same or comparable year UHaul truck and they'll fix you up. Haven't figured that one out yet...

Tom

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
The fuel heater plate o-ring is an IH part only!
Been there done that. Ford will sell the entire heater plate assembly but not the o-ring.
I told em it was for a van engine and got what I needed. ;Sweet

gabbyr100rs

Reaction score
Thanks to one and all. It is off to the IH parts department for me.

Pulling the plate off doesn't look to be all that hard--will pinch off fuel lines to minimize introduction of the dreaded air while it is off the truck.

Thanks again for the information! ;Sweet