Front end sagging like an old women!

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bags would suck with a twin I beam front axle. if they weren't exactly the same, alignment would suffer. QUOTE]

Well, not really. The bags just take out the sag, and you just adjust them to where you want them.

The alignment on a TTB axle is only good when the truck is sitting perfectly still. Any other time, the alignment is in constant motion and is never to spec. It's why many guys do the D60 swap,(some of us just weld up the D50) and why the TTB axles eat tires so bad.

I've had the bags on my front TTB for about 4 years, you couldn't see or notice any difference in alignment or steering or even ride really, just didn't hit the stops all the time. With the reverse arch springs, even when the bags were fully inflated, it only added about 1" to the overall ride height, so if you're trying to use them as a "lift kit" it's definately not the way to go.

Since I welded my D50 into a solid, and I put the positive arch springs on it(from a Gasser crewcab), I have now about 3" clearance on the front, and not only are the airbags not gonna fit that well, but the travel of the new springs is way more than the airbags would allow anyway.

Zigg :)

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
bags would suck with a twin I beam front axle. if they weren't exactly the same, alignment would suffer. QUOTE]

Well, not really. The bags just take out the sag, and you just adjust them to where you want them.

The alignment on a TTB axle is only good when the truck is sitting perfectly still. Any other time, the alignment is in constant motion and is never to spec. It's why many guys do the D60 swap,(some of us just weld up the D50) and why the TTB axles eat tires so bad.

I've had the bags on my front TTB for about 4 years, you couldn't see or notice any difference in alignment or steering or even ride really, just didn't hit the stops all the time. With the reverse arch springs, even when the bags were fully inflated, it only added about 1" to the overall ride height, so if you're trying to use them as a "lift kit" it's definately not the way to go.

Since I welded my D50 into a solid, and I put the positive arch springs on it(from a Gasser crewcab), I have now about 3" clearance on the front, and not only are the airbags not gonna fit that well, but the travel of the new springs is way more than the airbags would allow anyway.

Zigg :)

Mine must have been really sagging bad. As you said the alignment is only good at a standstill. Once I installed the bags and aired them up to what looked to be correct alignment, I gained almost 3" of ride height. I think before it was darn near riding on the bump stops all the time because I noticed a huge difference in ride. Of course that could also be attributed to the new shocks that went on at the same time.

Every case is different. Things like bushing wear, tire size, heavy aftermarket add-ons, etc all should be taken into account. As Zigg mentioned, if you're planning increased suspension articulation or lift, bags are probably not the way to go. They are relatively limited in travel and are designed mainly for load bearing capacity.

Tom

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
I ordered them for a 250 don't know if they will fit a 350 or not but they came from JC whitney rough country front add a leafs for a 4x4 250 if you wanna look them up and your still interested PM me and we'll talk