Front Brake Caliper Removal??

PSDfreak

Diesel-a-holic
Reaction score
On a 93 F350 4x4. I have done the brakes on my '97 250 but these calipers attach differently on this '93 D60...looks like there are some long metal pieces that just slide in? Do you just pinch it and slide it out?

Thanks

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. What that is, is two pieces of metal squeezed onto a piece of rubber, with barbs at both ends. Just use a punch to drive it through from either direction. Try to hit both pieces at once, so you don't destroy the part. When the barbs contact the edges of the caliper rail, you have to sort of help them over by angling the punch slightly. A simple yet ingenious method I think.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I take my pins out I kinda "pinch/compress" them a tad w/channel locks then tap with a hammer...then use a drift to send them through the other side. Coat pins and track with anti seize when you put'em back together. Also coat the flat area that the calaper slides on the mount so it doesn't hang up..

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
And most importantly if they look cracked or heat affected replace them. They can really cause problems on new brakes. Most brake shops just replace them so nothing "comes back".

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online