Ford L9000 frame off rebuild

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
A couple years ago my boss bought a Ford drop frame, the stronger type and started building a truck. He took a 3406B 350HP and dropped it off to Cat. Told them to rebuild it to 425HP specs and call him when it was done. The transmission, a 15 direct, was dropped off at another shop and COMPLETELY rebuilt along with both 3.55 geared rearends.

The cab, a southern unit, was painted and dropped on the freshly stripped and painted frame. The heavy roll arched front springs were used. It also has the 425 65R22.5's front floats and with all that installed I can't reach the handle on the hood to open it by standing on the ground! It's almost 7 feet to the top of the hood.

It's almost done beind put back together. All we need to do is mount the rear tires, paint the wheels and put a few odds and ends in the cab interior

I'll take some pics monday afternoon when I get off and back to the shop.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have missed the ending of the other thread, new boss? not the ****** one, right?

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I have missed the ending of the other thread, new boss? not the ****** one, right?

OH YA! Big time new boss. Well kinda new boss. I worked for him last year, but the work was kinda slack because the industry was a little slow, so after the season was up I went and plowed snow and worked in a shop for a while...but it's wide open now so he wanted me back.....so much that he gave me the new truck....it'll be on the road Thursday morning.

That other ******* smashed my door mirror off my truck, tried to choke me and took $165 off my pay for some bullsh!t excuse. He won't dare show his face at the quarry, not just because of me, but because he knows his truck isn't fit for the road and that there are a PILE of people that wanna "talk" to him on count f what he did to me lol......it's great having friends in low places.

BleednBlue68

Ford Country!
Reaction score
My girlfriends mom just bought another dump truck for my gf to drive hehe. 94 Ford L9000. Its a nice lookin truck. Always like the Fords. Its got a Cat in it of course. Any probs with those motors or what yall suggest to do to get some more power out of it? She used to drive a freightliner with a cat and this ford doesnt seem to have the power that one had. But man this Ford is built good. Its even got the tag wheel on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online