******* for the engine

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
alliedec.com

mouser electronics

digi-key

are all large electronic parts retailers that we order switches/electronics parts/relays/enclosures/connectors etc from here at work.

might be best to lay out what you need amperage wise and such like mentioned. they have a mindblowing assortment of stuff and it will help you narrow things down.

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got a PP fogger on my '86 4x4. I used it mainly for pulling hills when dragging the old Scouting trailer to camp. I used an Impco with a relay and in cab switch on the dash & separate indicator light (Green for go-gas). I could definitely tell a difference & my EGTs would rise (no turbo) but it would pull a hill a LOT better. Right now it's waiting in line for a major rebuild on the 6.9.
You can get the Impco switch at a forklift place or ebay. 12 Volt Item number: 110242437457

Mine was a lot cheaper than this one.

Rick

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
ive been toying with the idea of putting propane or water/methonal injection the hardest part is i got the tanks for both but im not shure what i want. my truck is primarily used as dayly driver towing and stuff like that they seem to be both the same power output ive read the splash injection and this propane one and they are really simple
i cant decide which one i want

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh should have some comments on this. I know he ran it for a long time. There is a definite seat of the pants improvement when you kick it in.

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
So I really got to toying with the idea and went up to a friend of mines who knows his stuff on diesels. He mainly messes with the old cummins. He told me that the way i'm lookin to run propane I will regret it. He told me to first put better head gaskets with a bunch of gasket maker and head studs and then play with this idea. He ran propane on one of the old cummins and killed it with barely any flow at all. He told me that once you hit that switch the engine will basically run away and power and egt's wont stop climbin until you turn it off. He also told me that his egt's climbed like crazy as soon as he hit it on that dodge and that was with the turbo and the pump barely turned up. So I'm thinkin just wait until I get a turbo, when i get the turbo i'm gonna put gaskets and studs in it and see how that goes. I can't decide on a moose pump or propane after that. The moose pump will be more expensive but if i get a leak in the lines on that propane it's gonna get expensive in doctor bills fast.

Bamfster

Reaction score
I've run propane for years on my '94 w/turbo IDI. I am also adding water/**** soon. Propane is just like every other modification, as long as you use it in moderation you should be ok. I run the Bullydog kit simply because it has already been engineered out. I only run it when pulling long hills loaded or w/trailer.....huge difference. I have found that most people that don't like propane, overdid it and had problems.....just my thought.

zigg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
down side????? you inject too much to a diesel for too long--piston meltdown. a lot of farmers experienced this years ago when they found out what it would do!!!!

Like everything, you gotta find balance and moderation. You pretty much have to have a pyro to run this stuff, or you risk meltdown like others have mentioned.
you get a modest increase in power, and the only downside is increased temps. On a N/A, I found it smokes less while the lpg is runnin', but too much prop, and it get real bad pre-detonation.

It's worth it, but it can be quite fiddly. I'm going to just put a turbo on my present unit(waiting for parts to arrive from ATS), and see how much I like it. Air is free...

Then on to some WVO mixing...

Zigg :)