Food for Thought: Homemade Mods!

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'm personally more of a fan of functionality over attractiveness so here's some basic mod ideas for your build (or entertainment)

The Bucket Intake:

What started out as a five gallon bucket is now your performance cold air intake:

What you will need:
-10 ft of 3" od dryer or ac vent ducting
-A 5 gallon bucket (preferably used in a painting project like mine so its 4 colors)
-A cone style filter
-Self tapping roofing screws with the rubber grommet washer thing to prevent leaks
-Zipties (needed in any of my projects)
-3" intake clamps

How mine looks and works:

First I moved my windshield washer fluid reservoir to behind the fuse bock because that's always a great idea. Next I removed the insulation surrounding the plastic inner fender and cut a 3 inch hole where I could route the ducting without touching the wheel. Then I pulled the ducting through to the grill and into the hole in the fender, trimming it so there was no extra material, making sure to secure it with zipties, keeping it away from the wheel.
You must be registered for see images attach

Next I took my bucket and cut it to size so it fit snugly between ac compressor and the coolant reservoir. I then took the bucket lid and cut a hole so the cone filter fit perfectly and didn't leak through any seams.

Then it was just routing the rest of the intake piping into the turbo hat I had lying around.

The intake I had was a 7.3 psd intake I cut up and modified to use on my truck, best part of it was the 14" K&N cone filter that came with it (I got this from a trade I would never buy these things new they are way too overpriced)

Here's what this intake looked like:

Overall this intake made a dramatic affect on performance with intake temps being over 30* colder than what I would use to see, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who doesnt lift up there hood in front of other people.

Here's also my custom filter setup with E-Pump cost about $150 from pump to filter head and filters but I can change these every 50,000 miles and be fine (but I still change them more often)

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
Fuse and relay panel. Not done yet as the fuse block is still in the mail. And the flat black paint should have cured by the time I get to put it in Monday.

Lift pump and coolant filter brackets.

Overhead console switch panel. I so have some left over, so I'll probably do the fab under it with diamond plate as well.

New drains for the radiator and both block drains.

These are all in my Molasses Carnage Corrections thread on the Enterprise D.

I'm sure I have some rougher looking ones that I did on Bruiser when I was younger...

Yup, got some pics of some of Bruiser's mods.

Adapter brackets to bolt a rear hitch on the front of the frame (wasn't done here).

Interior and switch panel. This was a bad idea as clean as it looks outside. It's a 10 minute job just to get the wiring stuffed back in the A pillar groove and the trim back on.

And Bruiser's first stack (gasser, 300 sixer) shortly after swapping the Sterling 10.25 in the rear. I was maybe 18-19 then.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love that overhead console thats a clean look, just bothers me the switches are off center.. still need to make a panel for my 93 for nitrous and my other accs. thanks for sharing!

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I mentioned that in my thread too :rotflmao "the perfectionist in me has a mild reaction...", but thankfully I can't see it from the driver's seat. My thread is linked under the Enterprise's stats in my sig. I just got the 1/8" diamond plate to replace the panel around the shifter on the Western Hauler center console in the mail today :D