First stroker, what should I know?

FULL FORCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought my first powerstroke, I have had 2 IDI's one non turbo and one turbo, I am just getting opinions on what I should know, truck runs and drives great, how often on fuel filters? antifreeze additive? how much needed? I am a maintenence freak so I take care of my trucks, any infow would be nice.
I will not mod the truck until later, after I do the things in needs now, I plan on gauges first, then 4" turbo back and a Diablo tuner, I plan to stop there to keep reliablility.

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;Sweet Welcome to the Darkside

Lots of tips here

I am just getting opinions on what I should know

1st thing..... Get a Haynes manual for it at the very least;Sweet The Superduty manual does have coverage for the PSD in it unlike the OBS manual.

Injectors are very expensive, take good care of them. They like clean quality oil and clean quality fuel. I can't get at my books right now for the recommended intervals but I'll be changing the fuel filters when I change oil at 3000 miles.

I'm now running Stanadyne lubricity formula in the fuel and Rotella oil, I'll be changing to Rotella synthetic 5w-40 next oil change.

I've recently seen the inside of my engine and it looked great with 327,000 miles on it, no sludge anywhere, bearings and bores looked like new and didn't need to be overhauled. Just changed the injectors Friday and 6 of them appeared to be originals so when taken care of these engines will last a very long time.

FULL FORCE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks alot, I plan to keep up oneverything, like I said, I am a maintainence freak. Thanks, Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726