filter study

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I really don't think we are not in agreement. I have seen Frams explode on low pressure apps and have seen their media "ball up" inside, so I don't use them. Personally, I have used about all the rest and have had good luck. I have personal experience with a Wix failure, it was recalled but we sold one before pulling them, because the threads were not cut correctly. The one we sold trashed a powerstoke motor. What sold me on Wix is how they handled it! New motor, all expenses paid and brand new powerstroke for the owner to use until complete. Wix then assumed ownership of the truck and our route manager drove it for years. None the less, I know Wix is as good as anything out there, priced about the same, and they have the best customer service of any filter I ever sold, so it is an easy choice for me. You can also get a good deal on them at www.filter1.com as they usually beat any local sellers and ship for free if you order 6 filters IIRC, I usually order way more than that.

I did enjoy the link though, seeing the inside reminds me of our Wix rep cutting filters apart on the counter. He said buy any filter from anywhere, I'll pay for it then cut it open. I think he cut like 10 filters open in our sales area, sold many of our customers on them, that is for sure.

Meta6981

Reaction score
I like to use wix as well. But i mainly stick to OEM filters for my benz's because I have a hookup at the stealership get things for wholesale price... HAHAHA as I expected fram is crap filters.

TheBAT

Reaction score
I wish I would have read this before I replaced my filter. Looks like the fram is coming out...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online