factory turbo piston vendor? In existence?

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone just seeing if anyone has bought factory turbo pistons lately and we're they got them from. The machine shop needs to bore or resleve my motor so that's why I'm looking. Thanks Joe

blaz4wd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dam lucked out on the spare motor rust on the last two cylinders. So still looking for pistons.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a smoking deal on the Mahle. Buy them asap. The 10 shorter are not made anymore afaik.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw Hypermax lists "factory turbo idi performance pistons" I want to call about them and ask what makes them better. They are quite expensive though, but if they are indeed stronger it might be worth the extra dough.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw Hypermax lists "factory turbo idi performance pistons" I want to call about them and ask what makes them better. They are quite expensive though, but if they are indeed stronger it might be worth the extra dough.

Pork_Chop50

He looks kinda hairy and slobbery to me....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
224-3512HA is the Mahle number for the lower compression turbo pistons.

224-3511HA is the standard compression pistons.

Mahle Aftermarket is the catalog listing I pulled them from, with oversize bores available. Searching the part numbers turned up lots of buying options for under $100 per set.

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was coming up with a bunch under $100 too. Are they calling them a "set" if they come with rings, or is that a set of 8? It just sounds way too cheap for a set of 8, but I could be wrong.

Pork_Chop50

He looks kinda hairy and slobbery to me....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on what I'm finding it looks like no rings, just wrist pin keepers. The Mahle/Clevite ring number is 14418N and that appears to be a single cylinder kit. The going consensus seems to be Total Seal rings for these engines, but if I am wrong could someone correct me with the proper rings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle