Factory turbo ATS upgrade problems

IDIJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got the ATS turbo upgrades put on (turbine housing, outlet elbow, and downpipe) , and was wondering if any one else has had any problems with the fitment of parts? The first thing that I noticed was that the factory oil supply line no longer fit. It was about 2 inches too short, so I ran a new line with 3/8" steel pipe. I know that the turbine housing is a little bigger than stock, because I had a hard time getting the heat shield to go on, but didn't think it would cause any other problems. Now I put the downpipe in and noticed that the bracket won't work because the auto transmission dipstick tube in in the way of the fastner-cuss . I thought that when I ordered the parts that everything would fit without any modifications besides the firewall lip. It somewhat has me a little mad ;Pissed .

Here are a few pictures of the turbo all dressed up after rebuild and ready to go in. And here is what my new air intake looks like;Sweet . I still have to make up some brackets for the filter, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• 55.JPG
    55.JPG
    257.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 56.JPG
    56.JPG
    257.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 57.JPG
    57.JPG
    258.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 58.JPG
    58.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 59.JPG
    59.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 27

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 3 inch pipe does require a new trans dipstick and tube I think.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, you could also take the trans dipstick out, heat it and bend it, or you might try a flexible dipstick if one is available for an E4OD. It worked well on my C6.

pafixitman

Reaction score
I did not have an issue w/ anything but the lip and that bracket on the d-pipe. I just used a small piece of angle iron and extended the reach. No biggie in my book, but I do agree that for the $$ the thing should fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online