Factory bullnose wheels

Isaac Ristow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did some digging around and came up empty handed. I can't say I've ever seen a F250/F350 bullnose on factory aluminium wheels. Were they only on steel wheels? I'm pretty certain the ford alcoa wheels were aeronose wheels came out in 93 or 94? No aluminum for bricknose either or?

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about dually wheels? Or single wheel? I don't think I ever saw aluminum single wheels on a bull nose either. I actually started a thread about this a month or so ago to see if any interesting information showed up. We mentioned dually wheels but I don't think singles came up.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I've not seen the factory alcoas prior to 92. That's also the upgrade year to 7" wide wheels. 6" prior to that; not aware on anything besides the plain steel.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know if these are factory but they came on the truck when I got it and they are aluminum and say ford on em

Attachments

• A26C168D-4C87-4CAE-87CD-22FB2E3CCB39.jpeg
    A26C168D-4C87-4CAE-87CD-22FB2E3CCB39.jpeg
    533.6 KB · Views: 19

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea if those aren’t factory bullnose I don’t think they ever had aluminum those are the only aluminum rims I’ve seen on a bull

Isaac Ristow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you talking about dually wheels? Or single wheel? I don't think I ever saw aluminum single wheels on a bull nose either. I actually started a thread about this a month or so ago to see if any interesting information showed up. We mentioned dually wheels but I don't think singles came up.
I was mainly going after single wheel but I didn't make it specific because I can't say I've seen a 80s Ford dually on aluminum either

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was mainly going after single wheel but I didn't make it specific because I can't say I've seen a 80s Ford dually on aluminum either
Look at my thread "stock aluminum dually wheels" and I think @FrozenMerc and me have authentic aluminum wheels from the 80s. Then again I'm pretty sure his truck came through Centurion Lehman like mine, so it could be an add on.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 1987 has aluminum wheels. I don't have any details on who made them and when they were put on.
It's a Lariat and has nice cloth captain's chairs but I haven't seen anything about Centurion on it.

FrozenMerc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never seen any factory literature showing anything other than steel wheels, either SRW or DRW. The only dress up option that shows up was the chrome wheel caps. Now, Dealer installed aluminum rims and other options, along with Centurion, Gran Prix, and other conversions are a completely different topic.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have never seen any factory literature showing anything other than steel wheels, either SRW or DRW. The only dress up option that shows up was the chrome wheel caps. Now, Dealer installed aluminum rims and other options, along with Centurion, Gran Prix, and other conversions are a completely different topic.

You must be registered for see images attach
Wow @FrozenMerc that advertisement is amazing. My truck had all that stuff when I got it. Mine had a gear vendor ODon a C6 and I really didn't like it, what type of OD are they pushing there? Mine original 6.9 was turboed as well.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 1987 has aluminum wheels. I don't have any details on who made them and when they were put on.
It's a Lariat and has nice cloth captain's chairs but I haven't seen anything about Centurion on it.
Yours are definitely some aftermarket wheels.

Brian VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What'd you do with your OD?
I'd like to have one for my C6. So damned expensive, though.
Could prob switch to ZF5 for close to the same $.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sold it on CL a few years back, before I even knew about this website. Go for the ZF5, I really didn't like the GV. I'm sure some people like them, but I didn't trust it. If you were slowing down and didn't kick it out of OD just right, it would make the whole truck start a shimmy shake thing that was unnerving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online